Did Pro-M kill any future hope of calibrating the Lightning MAF meters? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-23-2002, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Question Did Pro-M kill any future hope of calibrating the Lightning MAF meters?

I heard rumor yesterday that Pro-M was no longer going to calibrate any more Lightning MAF meters due to too much volume of calibrating their own Pro-M meters at this moment in time. I personally know of a friend that within the last coulpe of weeks had his 90mm Lightning MAF calibrated by them. Is it possible that the Lightning MAF's are becoming so populiar that Pro-M is loosing sales volume to the Lightning MAF's? I was seriously thinking of buying the Lightning 90mm MAF instead of recalibrating my Pro-M MAF when I upgrade to 42lb injectors. Does anybody out there know where else to go to calibrate or what else one can do if they didn't want to use the Pro-M MAF anymore & go the Lightning MAF route? I have a Paxton Novi 2000 S/C & heard that you get better driveability features using the Lightning MAF vs. Pro-M when using a S/C. Let me hear what you people think about this MAF situation. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-23-2002, 02:28 PM

I still don't understand why everyone goes with the Lightning MAF. People with Lightning's go out and replace their MAF with PRO-M's and show gains.

If there is a drivability problem with Pro-M's then it is not calibrated right or a good tuner will fix it in no time.

Pro-M sell a adjuster box that will let you change the MAF calibration to the size of injectors you have.

post #3 of 3 Old 04-23-2002, 02:42 PM

Hey Rich, Hows that BEAST of a Stang doin..Rich I know you have the Pro M, and personally I would have it calibrated for the 42's and be done with it..In the long run with your set-up, you will be better off...DA Snake boy!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement