new type of supercharger? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 Old 04-22-2002, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Question new type of supercharger?

anybody heard of this type of supercharger, "wynejammer" i saw it on e-bay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1823596372 here is the link

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 04-22-2002, 04:09 PM
Founder corral.net

I wouldn't get that kit. If you look carefully you'll see that you have to cut the fender wall to get the kit to fit.

Too many other high-quality, proven, kits that fit better without cutting and integral part of the car.

Also, if you look at the dynograph you'll see that the kit makes:
355.1 RWHP
323.5 RWTQ

By comparison my 1999 Mustang GT with a Vortech V2 SQ kit makes:
387 RWHP
37x RWTQ

I have seen a 2001 Cobra with the V2 SQ kit and an aftercooler make over 470 RWHP.

Save your money and get a better kit.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Christopher Ihara; 04-22-2002 at 04:12 PM.
post #3 of 31 Old 04-23-2002, 11:20 AM Thread Starter

i wasn't really interested in buying it, just struck me weird because i have never seen, nor heard of this type model. looks some what of a custom type setup. anybody else heard of this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 04-23-2002, 12:08 PM

Cutting the fender out is no big deal...My car goes in next week for the same super charger it is made by Al Martin here in phoenix..it is an amazing product and I can safely say that it is the coldest S/C on the market.......if you guys have any more quetions let me know
post #5 of 31 Old 04-23-2002, 12:51 PM Thread Starter

how much boost does it make? 6 i would presume, with that little in hp gain???
post #6 of 31 Old 04-23-2002, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Show Time Stang
Cutting the fender out is no big deal...My car goes in next week for the same super charger it is made by Al Martin here in phoenix..it is an amazing product and I can safely say that it is the coldest S/C on the market.......if you guys have any more quetions let me know
What do you mean by "coldest"?
post #7 of 31 Old 04-23-2002, 01:24 PM

That was my question about "coldest"

What does this kit have a built in refrigerator to maintain cold temps or what?
post #8 of 31 Old 04-23-2002, 02:53 PM

i did a search for this product on Google. It's a ceramic bearing, oilless blower, they said you can run it hard at full RPM, and then lean on it, and it's still cool to the touch. It is also belt driven, like the old Powerdyne blowers.

2002 GT Mustang -sold-
5 speed
post #9 of 31 Old 04-23-2002, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by clearwaterms
i did a search for this product on Google. It's a ceramic bearing, oilless blower, they said you can run it hard at full RPM, and then lean on it, and it's still cool to the touch. It is also belt driven, like the old Powerdyne blowers.
That is what i was refering to...I do believe the one on ebay was a 6 pound model......i was given a demo yesterday...the car was driven about 40 miles to the location in AZ, in about a 90 degree temp. Al Poped the hood and without hesitation leaned on it for about 5 mins. Its an awesome product...Cog Driven also....If i have time i'll try and get to the dyno before it goes on and then after and post the results.....
post #10 of 31 Old 04-23-2002, 06:56 PM

Chris, what PSI kit will you be running? What is the horsepower expected of it? It sounds like a great street blower, no need for a charge cooler. However, it doesn't sound like Wynjammer is making the power, falling way short of what the big three (Vortech, Paxton, and ATI) are able to put down at 8~10 psi. I am really curious to know more about your car and the Wynjammer blower, is it a kit, or is in a custom install. What is the cost of the kit, what comes with it. Does it handle 8~12 psi?

2002 GT Mustang -sold-
5 speed
post #11 of 31 Old 04-23-2002, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

so what would it take to run more boost? do they have smaller pullies for it? intercooler so you can run more boost? if it is cooler and you put a intercooler on it you should be able to run it up near 20lbs!?!?!? as long as the blower can spin that high. do you know the max rpm on the blower?? looks a little better now that some info is available, thanks.
post #12 of 31 Old 04-23-2002, 09:02 PM

I remember hearing about this blower about 4 years ago when I was searching for my first blower. As I remember it was belt driven internally like the old powerdyne. I is also very big, like the novi 2K. Allowing it to keep RPM to a minimum per boost. It also was internally lubricated (like Powerdyne). I was told that the person in charge of the whole operation fell deathly ill and that's why it took so long for it to be widely marketed.
post #13 of 31 Old 04-23-2002, 09:46 PM

Garage
Hey I'm pretty sure I saw one of those at the Knotts Berry Farm FFF Show. A guy with a 97 Cobra from Az. had one, he was running 8lbs. and it was self contained. Also, it was belt drive, (like powerdyne) but the belt was on the outside. (easy to replace)

Tropic Green Y2K GT
P-1SC, MM Stuff (393rwhp/390rwtq)
post #14 of 31 Old 04-24-2002, 03:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by clearwaterms
Chris, what PSI kit will you be running? What is the horsepower expected of it? It sounds like a great street blower, no need for a charge cooler. However, it doesn't sound like Wynjammer is making the power, falling way short of what the big three (Vortech, Paxton, and ATI) are able to put down at 8~10 psi. I am really curious to know more about your car and the Wynjammer blower, is it a kit, or is in a custom install. What is the cost of the kit, what comes with it. Does it handle 8~12 psi?
Most likely 8lbs, I have not discussed price yet, because I am getting a special deal....kind of like a Sponsorship (if I can push it that far). I am not going to expect any horse power gain as of now (just saying that to be on the safe side) because the unit that will be installed on my car is "Experimental" there will be alot of "tweek and tune" but i promise i will get it to the dyno and post the results. As far as i know it comes in a kit with everything you need...My install will be handled by Al Martin who owns the company.....I’m trying to answer these questions to the best of my ability so please bare with me because the install wont take place until sometime next week. ...Hiwaystar....That is correct you did see a 97 Cobra at Knotts Berry with that S/C installed...that guy is a buddy of mine....infact the S/C that was on EBay was his old one and if I remember correctly (but don’t quote me) the dyno sheet on EBay was with a bone stock motor. He has since upgraded to the model you saw at knotts berry.....davescobra....yes other pullies are available...no I do not believe there is an intercooler....the max RPM is 100,000 (at least that’s what I remember it could be more)....if you guys have anymore questions feel free to e-mail me at: [email protected]

hopefully I answered most of your questions I will have more info next week.....
post #15 of 31 Old 04-24-2002, 03:24 AM

Okay guys here is alink to an article about a Wynjammer that was used on a boat...i think its impressive...let me know what you think....WynJammer Boat
post #16 of 31 Old 04-24-2002, 02:24 PM

How about a twin set up like that marine application with different pullies

And an Intercooler
post #17 of 31 Old 04-24-2002, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by kmbgt
How about a twin set up like that marine application with different pullies

And an Intercooler

Yeah wouldn't that be nice
post #18 of 31 Old 04-25-2002, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

ok, this has really gotten my blood flowing. now do you have a gt, or cobra? any idea on when it will be released or published for purchase? the kit for the marine eng. single blower for 2995 is not to overpriced considering the boost possibilities. as long as the intake charge is cool, how much boost could you throw at a stock bottom cobra?
post #19 of 31 Old 04-25-2002, 04:46 PM

How does compressed air not heat up? Or is the claim that it heats up less than other blowers?
post #20 of 31 Old 04-25-2002, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

you have to figure if it has a better bearing, than the supercharger itself won't heat as much. the air will heat up a little from compressing but most of the heat on other models( so it seems) comes from the friction of the bearings and casing. i am sure there has to be an intercooler somewhere that with a little massaging will fit. we'll have to see if he can make more power than the guy on ebay!?!?
post #21 of 31 Old 04-25-2002, 11:26 PM
US Navy Active Duty

Apparently it is a Powerdyne knock off. There is a guy over at LS1.com that runs one on his 98 Cobra conv. He has the standard exhaust set-up and dyno-tune. The blower is set for 8lbs and he dynoed 440rwhp/438rwtq. I think the guy is from Arizona.

The average Navy pilot, despite the sometimes swaggering exterior, is very much capable of such feelings as love, affection, intimacy and caring. These feelings just don't involve anyone else.
post #22 of 31 Old 04-26-2002, 01:42 AM Thread Starter

see, i thought this kit might be able to actually make some good power. 440 would be far enough for me. show time you have to post as soon as you get some hard numbers! hope to see it soon
post #23 of 31 Old 04-26-2002, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by davescobra
see, i thought this kit might be able to actually make some good power. 440 would be far enough for me. show time you have to post as soon as you get some hard numbers! hope to see it soon
Will do....i will hopefully get to the dyno on wed and post some numbers on the engine and then again on the nitrous...hopefully the S/C will be installed next weekend...i might change out the Cams also so it might take longer to install.....maybe even do pistons and rods aswell...i will keep you guys posted on the progress....
post #24 of 31 Old 05-14-2002, 10:22 PM

Okay everyone I have the WynJammer installed, it’s a friggin impressive piece of equipment! The install isn’t totally finished yet; we need to upgrade the fuel rails and the fuel pump. The car feels like a caged beast waiting to be let go. I will post before and dyno numbers after the fuel system is taken care of. I have pics of the install on my web page...cut and paste the address in my sig. Any questions let me know.

Talk to you guys later...
post #25 of 31 Old 05-15-2002, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Okay everyone I have the WynJammer installed, it’s a friggin impressive piece of equipment! The install isn’t totally finished yet; we need to upgrade the fuel rails and the fuel pump. The car feels like a caged beast waiting to be let go. I will post before and dyno numbers after the fuel system is taken care of. I have pics of the install on my web page...cut and paste the address in my sig. Any questions let me know.

Talk to you guys later...

Hay man
your car is cool and all but your pics on your site seem to be screwed up The pic of the motor is half white like they were scaned wrong. And that aol is slow as hell when your getting the on a dial up.
post #26 of 31 Old 05-15-2002, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by phrogman46

Hay man
your car is cool and all but your pics on your site seem to be screwed up The pic of the motor is half white like they were scaned wrong. And that aol is slow as hell when your getting the on a dial up.
Comes up fine on my computer....I D/Led them straight from the digital camera...someone else check and let me know if they have the same problem...I know I didnt photo shop the pics and some may seem a bit distorted...but i dont have time at the moment to fix it...I am sorry about that....

Have fun Fellas/Ladies
post #27 of 31 Old 05-15-2002, 03:06 AM

Nice Ride!

Pics look great!

I have heard a little about that supercharger in the past. Good to see it finally come to market. Ceramic bearings, no *&%$! Tough to beat that trick factor!
post #28 of 31 Old 05-15-2002, 03:10 AM

Re: Nice Ride!

Quote:
Originally posted by drivenDaily
Pics look great!

I have heard a little about that supercharger in the past. Good to see it finally come to market. Ceramic bearings, no *&%$! Tough to beat that trick factor!
Custom built ceramic bearing and imported from Switzerland

post #29 of 31 Old 05-15-2002, 04:28 AM

man, you running a supercharger and nitrous? do you have any forged internals?
post #30 of 31 Old 05-15-2002, 06:14 AM
US Air Force Active Duty

Cool

Interesting to see something different and the results.

Thanks.
post #31 of 31 Old 05-15-2002, 10:45 AM

Re: Re: Nice Ride!

Quote:

Custom built ceramic bearing and imported from Switzerland

Nice car it must haul! Are those Saleen side scoops I see? Who installed them and how much did the installation cost? I just purchased some for my '01. Drop me an email I have a few other questions.

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement