Synthetic vs. Dino oil - Is synthetic REALLY worth the extra cost? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
View Poll Results: Will an engine run on synthetic oil last longer than one run on dino?
Yes - Synthetic is worth every extra penny 9 69.23%
No - Dino is good enough if changed regularly 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-22-2002, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
Poe

Trader Feedback: (0)
Synthetic vs. Dino oil - Is synthetic REALLY worth the extra cost?

I run Mobil-1 in both of my vehicles, but I'm curious what you guys think. Anybody got any hard proof that engines run on synthetic last longer than those run on dino?

Just curious...

BTW, Mobil-1 just got reformulated: http://www.mobil1.com/supersyn/index.jsp

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-22-2002, 02:13 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
No, I don't think there's much of a difference in longevity. Something else major will break before the engine gunks up or wears out. I doubt that anyone's (besides the oil companies themselves) ever run one of these things to 100K miles and torn it down just to see how it's doing on one oil or another.

post #3 of 3 Old 04-22-2002, 02:43 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
When I was swapping a 5.0 from my dad's wrecked GT into a 4 cyl LX, we pulled the valve covers off and everything was so clean - a film was present but that's it. All he did was change the oil regulary with the cheapest 10w-30 he could find. The engine had about 160,000 miles on it and had never seen a single additive.

I've been using Mobil 1 since I got mine, maybe I'm just buying into the hype, but I feel pretty good about putting it in, if for no other reason than extending the change interval.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordie View Post
no but it makes you look like fubar with all the bitching about nothing, bumping threads from 2 years ago to bitch some more

bitch bitch bitch, turn out to be wrong. Just trying to save you from looking like a jackass. guess Im too late though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement