what's the max boost you can run on a street driven 2V? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 04-22-2002, 01:38 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
what's the max boost you can run on a street driven 2V?

assuming u have a built bottom end, forged everything. what's the maximum boost you can put to a 2V daily driver?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-22-2002, 01:19 PM

Re: what's the max boost you can run on a street driven 2V?

Quote:
Originally posted by killerpony
assuming u have a built bottom end, forged everything. what's the maximum boost you can put to a 2V daily driver?
Way to many variables to give you a good answer. I am running 12.5lbs(3.33 pulley) on stock internals and don't have any issues. I have seen Lidio Iacobelli's orange car run like 28-29lbs of boost on a stock motor but he was tuning the car from pass to pass and I am sure that when he drove the car on the street the boost was turned down. IMO I think 18-22lbs would be doable, but that is just an opinion. Who's head unit do you have because most of the units that are put on cars like ours are only good for 20 some lbs. Later Ron

Few cars...
post #3 of 3 Old 04-22-2002, 03:42 PM

Re: what's the max boost you can run on a street driven 2V?

Quote:
Originally posted by killerpony
Damn good question. I hope to be able to run 14-15 psi on the street with pump gas on my built engine. Much more than that and you might end up in someones livingroom. Totally different driving the car on the street with 500+ rwhp on cold tires vs after a 10 sec burnout and going straight. I guess it might be good to have answers more geared towards what is a safe amount of rwhp & rwtq to run on the street that is controllable on D/Rs or ET Streets.

Turbocharged 99 GT - SOLD 2003
2004 Black Ford Expedition EB - Sold 2008
Mobile Auto Repair Business Owner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement