Replacing U&L CA's & shocks, have ?'s - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-21-2002, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Replacing U&L CA's & shocks, have ?'s

Can I reuse the bolts that are holding the control arms in place or is new hardware required?
I've done control arms and shocks on other cars, never this one (01GT) anything special I need to know about?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-21-2002, 11:58 AM

I just installed shocks, struts, springs, and lowers yesterday and was able to reuse all the stock hardware Although I didn't put on uppers I would assume that this applies to them as well.

post #3 of 7 Old 04-21-2002, 03:24 PM

GTCam... Just curious, but how did you re-reroute your oil filter to the battery tray area?? I've never seen this done before, and just thought that it really wouldn't help anything out, other than oil filter changes, which are relatively easy anyway. Just curious as to why you moved it. Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-21-2002, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
GTCam... Just curious, but how did you re-reroute your oil filter to the battery tray area?? I've never seen this done before, and just thought that it really wouldn't help anything out, other than oil filter changes, which are relatively easy anyway. Just curious as to why you moved it. Thanks!!
Cause I'm lazy and got tired of dragging a pice of cardboard down there to cover the steering and frame rail so it wouldn't get oily.
I just bought a $30 Summit oil filter relocation kit, took like 20 minutes.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-21-2002, 06:00 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
I re-used the stock hardware when i put on my UPR upper and lower control arms.

96 Lazer Red Cobra vert - twinturbo4v.com
NMRA MM 8 N/A 97 Cobra [email protected] (1.438 60')

CRT-PERFORMANCE.COM
post #6 of 7 Old 04-21-2002, 08:11 PM Thread Starter

OK there on (finally) It took all day for the CA's and rear shocks, what can I say Im slow

I picked up some grade-8 fasteners from Lowes and they worked real well. I only had one problem. The rear sway bar. I could not get it to fit either inside or outside of the mounting points. So I connected the passenger side inside and the drivers side out. It shifts the centerline to the drivers side by 3/16. I hope that doesn't cause me any problems later. Well the ride, what can I say. I went from shocks that were trashed from 10 months of lowering springs on them. So needless to say I'm happy with the new feel. I did trash the lower spring isolaters cause they were destroyed, maybe I'll get some decent poly ones later. Lets hope that this is a good first step on whittling those 60 footers down
post #7 of 7 Old 04-21-2002, 10:02 PM

GTCAM-glad to see you got your parts on.
Now you just need a few more performance parts.

Myself i picked up my tremec tko at the ffw event not long after you left.if you need any help on your installs just yell,ill be glad to help out.

Current: 2013 GHIG BOSS 302 447rwhp~390rwtq
90LX 301rwhp~331rwtqSOLD
99 2V 2.2KB GT: 608rwhp~542rwtq SOLD
2v t-trim combo:621rwhp~504rwtq
Sponsored Links
Advertisement