mass air sensor and throttle body on a n/a engine?!?! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 04-18-2002, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
mass air sensor and throttle body on a n/a engine?!?!

would a new mass air sensor and a new throttle body make much of a difference on my n/a 2002 gt??? i have mac cold air intake and steeda pulleys should be here by monday. i just wanna know if those will actually make a difference and what size should i got with on the TBs? thanx a lot guys im kind of new in the mustang world.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-18-2002, 09:30 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Based on the majority opinion, throttle bodies don't do anything for n/a setups. The MAF is hit or miss with some people. The stock MAF flows enough for N/a applications but you can get gains from the way they are calibrated. I got my C&L because I was running 12:1 a/f and I was hoping that it would lean me out a little so I could get closer to the "optimum" 13:1 a/f.

If you do decide to buy one of those items, I would suggest trying to buy used from the aution block so that you won't spend a lot of $$ on them in case they don't work out like you planned.

Hope this helps.

John

John

1996 Black Cobra Vert: sitting in the garage for now
2008 Black Nissan Altima 2.5 S: new daily driver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement