Adjustable timing adjuster would be nice. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 04-18-2002, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Adjustable timing adjuster would be nice.

I wish someone would make a timing adjuster module like the speedcal. It would include a switch to change from stock to modified timing. That way I could bump my timing on weekends, and run regular gas on weekdays. Now that's an idea.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 04-18-2002, 08:21 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
It's called the Tweecer. See www.Tweecer.com You can program the timing advance and among many other things you want and store this program in its presets. A lot more difficult than a timing adjuster though.

2005 Cadillac CTS-V
- '96 Cobra 13.45 at 104.458 mph
- '89 GT
- '94 GT Convertible 13.905 at 100.41 mph
post #3 of 13 Old 04-18-2002, 08:24 PM

Why don't you just loosen the three allen head bolts on the Timing adjuster and back it down for the week. Takes a couple minutes to do it. It's not quite as easy as a switch to flip, but it doesn't take that long.

John

John

1996 Black Cobra Vert: sitting in the garage for now
2008 Black Nissan Altima 2.5 S: new daily driver
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 04-18-2002, 08:37 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
Wink

What's wrong with the Steeda Timing Adjuster?

It is only 2 allen bolts and then just slide it to whatever timing you want.

Its alot easier than the old days of hooking up a timing light and then loosen the distributor and turning it to your desired timing.

Later, Jason

I suppose for extra power you would like to get a TURBO BOOST button like the car in Knight Rider had.

N/A 1997 Cobra (STOCK MOTOR without any BOOST... GRANNY-SHIFTED) - RETIRED

12.14 @ 114 MPH
1.61 60ft.
306 rwhp and 301 rwtq
Best 60ft. - 1.55
post #5 of 13 Old 04-18-2002, 08:49 PM

Turbo Boost button - like my old 486 had. Damn fine idea! Punching that little button on the computer was such a "risque" thing...

When are they gonna make cars with SO much extra power, that I don't mind turning the turbo "off" most days (during the week)?

I'll only turn it on when I feel sinister!

Naah, probably never happen. If it did, who could leave it off? Did you ever turn the "turbo" button off on your 486?

Hmm. Nitrous.

tf

2016 GT, Perf/Prem, ruby red.
99 Cobra ebony, blk int. #1762/4040
86GT, 88LX 5.0, 95GT
ctfren ch @ iClo ud. n e t (remove spaces)

Last edited by lo pony; 04-18-2002 at 08:53 PM.
post #6 of 13 Old 04-19-2002, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

The steeda timing adjuster is fine, but it could be easier. Every time I want to change my timing, I have to crank the engine to get the numbers in a viewable position. Sometimes it's a pain. The steeda timing adjuster is not symetrical, so I don't know if it will lower the durability of the crank bearing. I think the steeda timing adjuster is good, but a electronic module would be better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 13 Old 04-19-2002, 12:25 PM

If you're cranking the engine every time to see the numbers then I can understand your pain because it is hit or miss. If you "bump" the engine over, turn the key just enough to hear the motor begin to start but not turn over, then it is easier to line up the marks.
post #8 of 13 Old 04-19-2002, 12:48 PM

Why would you have to "bump" the engine to line up the marks? The timing marks are located on the adjuster itself.
post #9 of 13 Old 04-19-2002, 01:30 PM

Yes but the timing adjuster is connected to the crank pulley, it isn't a stand alone product. If the pulley is where the marks are on the bottom you can't see them. If you bump the motor, it then moves the crank pulley, which in turn moves the T/a. That way you can see the marks. I guess what I meant to say in my post above was to get the marks to where you can see them rather than lining them up. Sorry for the confusion.

John
post #10 of 13 Old 04-19-2002, 01:50 PM

ssssss, I see you live in Blacksburg, I go to Radford. I'd say I've seen you around. Now back to the TA question. Why, would it matter about the pulley position? All you do is loosen the two screws and then move it to the new position (say from 10* to 15*) It doesn't matter where the pulley is correct? The reason I'm asking is I have a TA and was wondering.

post #11 of 13 Old 04-19-2002, 01:56 PM

Yes all you do is loosen the screws and move the T/a, but how do you know how much you move it unless you can see the marks. That is why you need to bump the motor over to see where the marks are.
post #12 of 13 Old 04-19-2002, 02:05 PM
DLF

Trader Feedback: (2)
There are two different versions of the Steeda TA, and you gentlemen obviously don't have the same version.....

98 Laser Red/Black Cobra Coupe (T56/IRS)
12.483 @ 110.94
95 Pearl White Thunderbird SC 5spd
12.879 @ 106.66
post #13 of 13 Old 04-19-2002, 02:12 PM

You know as soon as I posted my last reply, I thought about that. I forgot about the older version that could be used with piggy back pulleys. Sorry.

John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement