I've got squeak all over the place, please help..... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-18-2002, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Cool I've got squeaks all over the place, please help.....

If i turn the wheel either way it squeaks, is it the bushings and what can I do to eliminate it quickly?

When I push up and down on the hood it sqeaks like hell also, is that my springs, shocks or struts? Is there a quick fix to both of these like with a little WD40 or something like that?

I'm heading to the track Friday night and don't want to attract laughs at all the squeaks, haha

98 Black Cobra

4.10's
K&N Filter
BBK LT's
BBK O/R H-pipe
PRO-M 87mm MAF
Magnapack Catback
Steeda Underdrive Pullies
SPEC Stage II Clutch
SPEC Aluminum Flywheel
SPEC Pressure Plate
JMS Custom Tune Chip (Chris Johnson Tune)

293.7 hp
288.8 trq

Last edited by G98Cobra; 04-18-2002 at 01:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-18-2002, 04:50 PM

Hey, at least you have a good sense of humor about your squeakiness! My car has developed a squeak that pisses me off... It sounds like it's coming from the front left of my car. I suspect something with the suspension because it makes the noise when I go over a bump with the front left tire. A bushing or maybe even my strut acting up? Who knows... I'm not laughing.

post #3 of 6 Old 04-18-2002, 05:25 PM
Poe

I had a nasty squeak in my passenger-side front that turned out to be the outer tie-rod end. SQUEAKED whenever I turned or that front wheel moved up or down. Very annoying. It's sealed in a little rubber boot with no grease fitting. I spotted a little tube of oil with a needle applicator at the auto parts store and bought it. I poked it through the top of the boot and squeezed in some oil thinking that would be a temporary fix until I could get some new tie-rod ends. No more squeak - and that was about a year ago.

Good Luck,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-19-2002, 01:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Poe
I had a nasty squeak in my passenger-side front that turned out to be the outer tie-rod end. SQUEAKED whenever I turned or that front wheel moved up or down. Very annoying. It's sealed in a little rubber boot with no grease fitting. I spotted a little tube of oil with a needle applicator at the auto parts store and bought it. I poked it through the top of the boot and squeezed in some oil thinking that would be a temporary fix until I could get some new tie-rod ends. No more squeak - and that was about a year ago.

Good Luck,

Cool man, will have to give that a try!

98 Black Cobra

4.10's
K&N Filter
BBK LT's
BBK O/R H-pipe
PRO-M 87mm MAF
Magnapack Catback
Steeda Underdrive Pullies
SPEC Stage II Clutch
SPEC Aluminum Flywheel
SPEC Pressure Plate
JMS Custom Tune Chip (Chris Johnson Tune)

293.7 hp
288.8 trq
post #5 of 6 Old 04-19-2002, 11:51 AM

Tie rod, eh? Thanks for the tip! I will definitely have to check that out....
post #6 of 6 Old 04-19-2002, 01:46 PM

Yep. Common problem. Mine did that, too, on both sides. I replaced them, but I have a theory that they squeek, not because they are bad, but because they are sealed and cannot be lubricated. All of the factory grease gravitates to a low spot over time. Next time mine begin to squeek, I'm thinking about drilling and tapping the back side to accept a grease fitting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement