Shortblock Pricing Question???
Just wondering if anyone has any idea of how much it would cost for this setup:
1. New block(cast) (all machine work and bored .020 over)
2. Forged Pistons, Moly Rings,
3. Eagle Rods
4. Cobra Crank
5. Reinstalling cam(old cam)
6. Port and Polish heads(new springs, titanium retainer, etc)
7. ARP stud
8. all gaskets to install heads, oil pan, etc.
Here is the Price I got: $4300 for the shortblock and 700 for port and polish heads= 5,000(including the shop installing the cams, heads, degreeing the cam, etc.
And all the shop where my car is at is just dropping in the block, installing tranny, blower, oil pan, and exhaust.
Totalling=6,240 out the door and that includes my shops labor, new flywheel($250), and core charge for my old block.
Too much or right on the money???