Dyno checked the Lightning meter today - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-17-2002, 06:46 PM
onerichrunner

Dyno checked the Lightning meter today

FWIW
I recently changed to a lightning meter after having driveability issues associated with the C&L with the 42# injectors. I had the L meter sent to pro m for recal instead of the eec transfer route. I found this to work very well and still maintains the great drivability inherent with the design of the lightning meter. We used a conservative program that had been proven with the C&l a few months ago to play it safe. A/F was very safe ramped even from 12.2-11.7 up to 6500. 507 rwhp / 421rwtrq both sae, seeing 13 psi with 93-94 unleaded octane. Torq & hp down a little due to a less agressive timing setup but the meter was consistent with both pulls. The first pull didn't make it past 6000 due to high 12's in A/F and made me put in the next size disc for added fuel pressure. Thank god for the adjustability of that SuperFMU. When I can get the sheet scanned I'll try to post it and get another run with my more aggressive program for compare.

Many Thanks go out to Chris98Vobra for advice over the last few months in helping resolve some tuning issues.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-17-2002, 09:21 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
Nice numbers, Shawn. Imagine what it would do if you took it to 7200 rpm?

Glad I could help you out!

Chris

Chris98vobra
98 Tan on Laser Red Rag Top Cobra

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fully built and forged with Mahle pistons, SHM Blower cams, ported heads/nitrated valves
Novi 2000, 52# RC injectors, custom IC, Devilsown alky injection, SSR Intake, Steeda rails and -8 feed lines, 03 tank + Aviator dual pumps
Tuned with SCT Pro Racer Package (and everything else over the years)
Lot's of other stuff!
post #3 of 8 Old 04-17-2002, 09:49 PM
onerichrunner

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris98vobra
Nice numbers, Shawn. Imagine what it would do if you took it to 7200 rpm?

Glad I could help you out!

Chris
I know I will becoming fairly close to maxing out the 42's with the current setup up there. It was obvious monitoring the pulse width and fuel pressure. That is why I chose to check it with this particular program Chris. Like you suggested, cut the pulse width and increase the fp......we weren't maxing the injectors but it was certainly getting up there.

This will no doubt be humming around or close to 550ish with timing and fuel adjustments but after that I need to do the fuel system thing again.. ...The wife will be impressed.

I was very happy with the pro-m calibaration.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 04-17-2002, 10:08 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
shawn,
check your PMs.

Black GT '02 SOLD
ati procharger w/ 3 core I/C running 12#s of boost FOR SALE
post #5 of 8 Old 04-18-2002, 10:45 AM

Damn Shuan!!! If people only knew where you started from with your Stang, they wouldnt believe it. BTW How's the racing by-pass (mini steam engine)..Hey shaun Im starting a class on Basic Torco fill-up 101 Lets go to Carlsbad Saturday and run it...Good job Shaun...DA Snake boy!!!
post #6 of 8 Old 04-18-2002, 11:31 AM
onerichrunner

Thanks Duane....
I already changed to the more aggressive program...
post #7 of 8 Old 04-18-2002, 12:08 PM

Advice from Chris had a big part to play in getting my fuel system to work also. It was his idea to raise FP with my BAP's, and then reduce injector pulse width to extend my 42's W/O FMU to around 550 RW. It works fine for a street car, and allows use of stock lines and rails. You just have to find a tuner that understands how to work with this concept. Thanks again Chris.

Ralph Greene

Last edited by Ralph Greene; 04-18-2002 at 12:18 PM.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-18-2002, 12:14 PM
onerichrunner

Ralph
Talking with Chris and seeing your previous posts about tuning with the stock lines/rails was helpful indeed. It is great when you don't have to reinvent the wheel.

Shawn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement