All Magnaflow exhaust - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 04-17-2002, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
All Magnaflow exhaust

Just got off the phone with Steve at Houston Performance. I ordered a Magnaflow X w/cats and a Magnaflow cat-back. I was originally going to get the Bassani X w/cats, but Steve said the failure rate is very high and that the two Magnaflow components compliment each other nicely.

I can't wait to get these suckers on. I know it's gonna be a little loud, but I think it'll be a good compromise of durability, sound quality, and performance.

Anybody else have this setup?

Jeff

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-17-2002, 03:36 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Most guys are running the Magnapacks and O/R X-pipe and they seem to think that is LOUD. So I would imagine that your car with a catted X and MagnaFLOWS will be a nice comprimise between the O/R X/M-packs and the stock setup. I doubt it will be any louder than welding on flowmasters to your stock catback. I will be running Longtubes, O/R H-pipe, and MagnaFLOWS on my 96 cobra. Sure hope it sounds good. I may get an X-pipe at some point, but for now I am sticking with the good ol' H-pipe.

88 LX 5.0 Vert
post #3 of 6 Old 04-17-2002, 04:23 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Thumbs up

Nice chioces, I think it will sound "just right" IMHO...... (unless you wanted a killer exhaust note, could have went off-road with the Magnapacks). heheh

'01 Cobra Coupe From 6.01 - 9.15
'94 Cobra Coupe From 9.09 - 6.11
'14 F-150 Raptor SCAB Deliv 3.14
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 04-27-2002, 02:27 AM

Trader Feedback: (-1)
Question

Do they offer Magnapacks for the 302s yet? I have a maganflow cat-back sitting in the garage waiting to go on my '88 GT, but due to financial reasons, I'm 17, I have been forced to wait to buy an X-Pipe.

Will an O/R Bassani X-Pipe and my Magnaflow Cat-Back be a lot louder than my stock headers, Stock H-Pipe and Dynomax Super Turbos I currently have?

I heard if I paired Magnaflows w/ an O/R H-Pipe they sound like glasspacks... is this true?
post #5 of 6 Old 04-27-2002, 07:36 AM

Re: All Magnaflow exhaust

Quote:
Originally posted by nomore4bangers
Just got off the phone with Steve at Houston Performance. I ordered a Magnaflow X w/cats and a Magnaflow cat-back. I was originally going to get the Bassani X w/cats, but Steve said the failure rate is very high and that the two Magnaflow components compliment each other nicely.

I can't wait to get these suckers on. I know it's gonna be a little loud, but I think it'll be a good compromise of durability, sound quality, and performance.

Anybody else have this setup?

Jeff
I have this set-up on my car and you are going to be stocked at how quiet it is at idle. It's doesn't get loud until you hit it. When I first saw the set-up out of the box , I was like dam it's going to be loud because the mufflers look like glasspacks but they aren't loud at all. When you first start the car up in the morning, it will be a little loud until the idle comes down but other then that you are going to be surprised. You made a good choice and I think your going to be very happy with the quality, sound and performance of the set-up. I didn't look to see if you lowered your car but after you install this set-up, your cats sit about 3 1/2- 4 1/2 inches from the ground, so you may want to be carefull there. Another thing, the X-pipe in a very, very tight fit so you really may want to have it installed on a lift. One more thing and I know a few people had this same problem, no matter how hard it is to get the x-pipe to fit, and you may say to your self it will not fit, trust me it will, you just need to work the x-pipe around the starter and after you get it in, it will fit like a glove. Good luck
post #6 of 6 Old 04-27-2002, 07:41 AM

I almost forgot, you did get the magnaflows cat-back set-up with the adjustable tips right? If you didn't I would return it and get them instead. If you don't know what I'm talking about, email me at [email protected] and I'll send you a picture of what I'm talking about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement