My T-56 bites the dust. How are yours holding up? - Page 2 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #36 of 47 Old 04-20-2002, 08:51 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Damn Heather, looks like your's has come a very long way. With that stroker motor, I think your GT has surpassed the torque of my Cobra, and your hp numbers are pretty close too! Congrats on the new setup!

Checked out the website. Looks like you are having fun with it and the car. Looks great. Do you turn those wrenches yourself ?!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #37 of 47 Old 04-20-2002, 11:32 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Coop,

I'm gonna be in Dallas the last week of April and would love to buy you a beer (I'll even buy your dinner) so I can pick your brain about your mods.

I'd love to get some solid answers to problems I've had and how to prevent them in the future (blown engine).

post #38 of 47 Old 04-21-2002, 12:03 AM

Coop,

Been a long time!

Sorry to hear that the tranny died on you. I drive through Frisco daily, still hoping to roll up on you some day
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #39 of 47 Old 04-21-2002, 12:44 PM

Coop.
Are you running wingless? If so did you get a v6 trunk lid or just fill the holes in yourself. Any tips if you did the body work?
post #40 of 47 Old 04-21-2002, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

gregdhayes, you don't have to bribe me with a beer to talk about cars. I like to do that anyway . Be glad to meet with you when you get here. Send me a PM indicating what days you'll be here and I'll send you my number.

Sean, I'm going to have to pass through Frisco more often .

Custom2kGT, yup, wingless. I ordered the car wingless, then changed my mind two weeks after placing the order. A year later, I decided to remove it and had to fill the holes. Grrr. Should have kept the original order as is. Oh well. I filled the holes with a epoxy based filler, but probably should have simply used fiberglass. Then repainted the trunk with the factory urethane finish.
post #41 of 47 Old 04-21-2002, 06:42 PM
Corral Charter Member

Trader Feedback: (3)
Wow....I saw that input shaft and it brought back such wonderful memories of last years problems.....x5! Obviously you're putting a whole bunch more power thru the thing, so breakage is inevitable.

Very nice car you have there dude - most impressed.

Bob Cosby, USN (Retired)

2010 Corvette
2005 Harley FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide
post #42 of 47 Old 04-21-2002, 08:47 PM

Nice car!! i'm sitting here looking at a new set of 10'' slicks,Thinking about the 10 spline input shaft in my T-56 and....I hope i don't become a member of the cosby club!LOL

5.4 N/A Cobra, 593 rwhp.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Home of the 2004 NMRA Factory stock national champion.
post #43 of 47 Old 04-21-2002, 09:50 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, Bob. I see that quite a few people on this board seem to have multiple cars. I guess with having only one (my daily driver), it is kind of like spoiling an only child! (my kids get spoiled to, of course ).

Boss 330, if only Tremec had their 26-spline Chevy unit available for the Ford version . . . and a matching clutch, of course. Hmm . . .
post #44 of 47 Old 04-21-2002, 11:32 PM

Quote:
if only Tremec had their 26-spline Chevy unit available for the Ford version . . . and a matching clutch, of course. Hmm . . .
Don't know for sure but the rumor is..The gm input shaft won't fit the ford version..Al

5.4 N/A Cobra, 593 rwhp.

Home of the 2004 NMRA Factory stock national champion.
post #45 of 47 Old 04-22-2002, 11:02 PM

My bad Coop, I thought you lived in Frisco.
I've seen you around Plano on several occasions.

post #46 of 47 Old 04-23-2002, 09:11 PM

since this has been the ask question thread hopefully you all wont mind one more (possibly stupid?) a blowproof bellhousing is required for 11.99 ets right? is there one for the T56 ?

1997 White Cobra - SOLD
BBK lowering springs, BBK H-pipe, B&M Shifter, 4.30 Gears, Moser 31 spline axles,FRP Truck rear,KB Subframe connectors
post #47 of 47 Old 04-24-2002, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

WhiteCobraPilot, you are correct. At the time I bought mine, one was not available. I don't drag race that much, so it hasn't been an issue for me. However, I would like to have the additional layer of safety between me and a spinning clutch. Another fellow Cobra owner indicated that one may now be available. If it is true, I'll get it as well.

Good question, though. Anyone else know if a scatter shield is available for the T-56?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement