99 Cobra Warranty Work? Please Read - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-16-2002, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (3)
99 Cobra Warranty Work? Please Read

Hey guys I have a question...
I have a 1999 Cobra with a little over 17k miles on it...I picked it up about 3 months ago from a dealership with 15k on the odometer and as I look it over now that it is spring I've noticed the driver seat has lost its shape and stiffness on the left side. The leather is fine but the padding/structure is to the point where it has lost its original shape and is becoming uncomfortable (i slide towards the left of the seat when driving)....my question is if I go to the dealership and moan will they take care of it or tell me to take a hike? The warranty runs out in June...what do you think? (if it had more miles perhaps I could understand a little wear but 17k?) Thanx and peace...

1999 Mustang Cobra MMR 1500 5.4 DOHC
898/779rwtq 14psi 17deg timing E85
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-16-2002, 11:56 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Actually, no one here can tell you what the dealer might do. Just take it in and raise hell with them.

post #3 of 4 Old 04-16-2002, 12:29 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
WELL I HOPE YOU BOUGHT IT FROM A FORD DEALER OR YOUR IN FOR A HARD RIDE.....MY 99 IS NOT EASILY WORKED ON AT DEALERS AS THEY REFUSE AND HAVE TO BE LEGALY FOUGHT TO MAKE THEM WORK ON IT....GOOD LUCK IF YOU HAVE ANY AND I MEAN ANY MODS FOR WARRANTY WORK.

UBIL.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-16-2002, 12:29 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
It really depends on the dealership to be quite honest. Some will help you, others will look the other way. My personal experiences with dealerships and warranty work has not had one ounce of positive outcome to it.

In fact, I just noticed a new ding after picking up my car since it was left there 10 days ago. *sigh* They have this 'catch all' sign there that says, "not responsible for damage to vehicle or its contents". I'm absolutely certain they'll bring that up before I ever get to the part about even asking them to pull it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement