Check Engine light came on after driving through a flooded inters. Did the MIL's die? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 04-15-2002, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Check Engine light came on after driving through a flooded inters. Did the MIL's die?

Well I was driving around town about 3 or 4 days ago, during a big rain storm, and I drove through a flooded intersection. I then noticed that my check engine light came on shortly after that. I drove home, didn't notice the car misfiring or any other peculiar actions, and disconected the negative battery cable. The next day, a good 12 hours later, I reconnected it and drove around a little. Although at first the check engine light didn't come on it later on did. I don't want to spend $40+ to have the local Ford dealership look at my car as well as have to be put through the discomfort of giving them my car all day so I'm trying to fix it on my own. Through the process of troubleshooting it would seem logical that the MIL's got wet, obviously, and maybe they went bad. Has anyone else had this happen to them and does my deduction sound right? Thanks.

Last edited by HABU; 04-15-2002 at 12:13 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-15-2002, 12:14 PM

I have the same issue. rain and all. I called Dallas mustang and they suggested that I pull the codes, find out if its just one, then swap sides. if it errors again then see if the code follows the MIL. If so then it is a bad MIL if it dosent and stays on the same side then its an o2 sensor.

post #3 of 4 Old 04-15-2002, 02:56 PM Thread Starter

I called Dallas Mustang earlier today and talked with Daivid. He said that although he has never heard of this before it seems completely logical. I went ahead and ordered a pair and as soon as I get them in the mail I'll swap them out. I hope this is the problem because I don't want to have to deal with the standard dealership crap. I'll post the results either way. It should take about 4-5 days to receive the order.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 04-22-2002, 05:31 PM

Mine went off again>? I guess it was just wet or someting?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement