Parking Lot Accident. What should i expect? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-13-2002, 03:15 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Parking Lot Accident. What should i expect?

well yesterday a lady backed up on the side of my car while i was waiting to park. her rear bumper hit my right whell and some of the body panel where the "vents" are. The wheel is scratched up a little and there is a slight dent and scratches on the body, do you guys think anything else might have happened thats not visible? Will her insurance company replace the wheel since its not bent but only with scratches?
I talked to her insurance company and they said they will have an appraiser over on Monday to give me an estimate
Thanks guys

97 GT 5-spd
MMR 04 PI Heads Stage 2 P&P
Comp Cams 262
3.73 FMS Gears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-13-2002, 03:37 PM

Re: Parking Lot Accident. What should i expect?

Dont worry about what her insurance company says. Go get your own estimates and get it fixed and then send them a copy of the reciept. THey will pay to fix like new.

post #3 of 11 Old 04-13-2002, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Re: Re: Parking Lot Accident. What should i expect?

Quote:
Originally posted by pwrhungry
Dont worry about what her insurance company says. Go get your own estimates and get it fixed and then send them a copy of the reciept. THey will pay to fix like new.
I heard that they will not reimburse me for the fixes if they dont estimate it first. What if her insurance company say that it should only cost $500 to fix, but i get it estimated and fixed for $1000. Will they pay the $1000, i dont think they will.

97 GT 5-spd
Comp Cams 262
3.73 FMS Gears
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 04-13-2002, 06:14 PM

When I was rearended, I used the other party's insurance (Farmer's I think) and I asked if I could go to one of their authorized bodyshop's, Ford preferably...They said that's fine, even though there was only one Ford dealer in the area on the other side of the city...They fixed everything that was damaged...didn't have to worry about an estimate or anything cause the Ford dealership took care of it all...

Jim

STLMustangs.com(Administrator)
post #5 of 11 Old 04-13-2002, 07:05 PM
StangFever

Just make sure that they put genuine Ford parts on it. The insurance companies do not have to put genuine Ford parts. They have been known to put cheap replacements on to save money. Ask the shop to keep all the packaging and check to make sure that the Ford oval insignia is stamped on the parts, preferably before they put the parts on. Just FYI.
post #6 of 11 Old 04-13-2002, 07:38 PM

If I was you I would get 2-3 estimates and have them ready to show the appraiser when he looks at your car.
If you have no estimates, you will only get what he feels is fair. Which may be way less then what it will actually cost to have it fixed.
But also remember even through you may have estimates as much as 1k, it does't mean your going to get that. He is pretty much only going to give you what he wants. Thats why it's good to be ready with the estimates.

The last time I got in an accident, I had estimates for $750 but I only got $650.00, the appraiser felt that the hourly wage for the repair was to much so he adjusted the estimate.

Good luck
post #7 of 11 Old 04-13-2002, 07:57 PM

Don't feel bad...I got hit with a hit and run lastnight while at albertsons.

post #8 of 11 Old 04-14-2002, 12:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebastian

ouch sorry about the car. It sucks, the dent is not that big, but its ugly. I dotn think there are any parts to replace except for the one rim on my car and the body panel that was dented.

97 GT 5-spd
Comp Cams 262
3.73 FMS Gears
post #9 of 11 Old 04-14-2002, 01:03 AM

What's with Albertson's parking lots? I actually saw a cabbie that shoved a shopping cart ever so gently into the vehicle parked in front of the spot he wanted. Saw the vehicles owner turn around as they were heading into the store so he didn't get away with it.
post #10 of 11 Old 04-14-2002, 02:40 AM
Moderator & USAF Reserve

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally posted by Sebastian
Which albertsons did you go to in NE?

post #11 of 11 Old 04-14-2002, 03:35 AM

well there's a few in Ne

Bellevue, Ne...right off Fort Crook is where the car got hit.

C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement