Anyone have a Steeda GTrac bar? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-11-2002, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Anyone have a Steeda GTrac bar?

Saw it on their web page for only ~$50. Thought that it seemed like a great deal and they're only a half hour away from me, so I was thinking of driving up there and picking one up. Anyone have any opinions on it? Does produce any noticeable stiffening of the front end?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-11-2002, 08:40 PM

Yes, I have it. I noticed crisper steering. I am going with a different K-Member so I won't be able to use it anymore. If interested, PM me.

post #3 of 7 Old 04-11-2002, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by GT2KDave
Yes, I have it. I noticed crisper steering. I am going with a different K-Member so I won't be able to use it anymore. If interested, PM me.
dude, i am totally NOT arguing with you, but im just curious how you noticed the Gtrac bars improvement in feel when you have the entire Gtrac suspension on? Doesnt the bar come with the stage 1 kit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-15-2002, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GrimReaper

dude, i am totally NOT arguing with you, but im just curious how you noticed the Gtrac bars improvement in feel when you have the entire Gtrac suspension on? Doesnt the bar come with the stage 1 kit?
Some can feel/hear any changes (no matter how slight) to their cars. Unfortuntely.....I'm not one of them. I also had this G-Trac bar on my car and could not feel a difference. Than again.....he may have just wanted to feel a difference and actually thought he did.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-15-2002, 08:21 AM

IMHO the G track bar only looks better than stock it really will not make that much difference. I went the whole way and installed a X brace from a vert stang. That is a good piece from ford and they can be found cheap from junk yards. I got mine for $50 and it works great fits like a glove and the way it is made saved my oil pan when I bottomed out on a really ruff road.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-15-2002, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by GrimReaper

The bar does not come with any of G-Trac kits. I guess I noticed a difference because the origainal bar has elongated holes used to mount the bar to the K-Member and is not perfectly straight like Steedas G-Trac bar, it is bent to give added clearance for the tranny. Steedas mounting holes are are not elongated and the bar is a perfectly straight tube of metal, it does not allow the K-Member to flex like the stock one does.

Brandon00GT - I am a spirited driver and like to drive aggressively on occasion. I guess I am lucky that I am in tune with my cars performance and can notice such things. It's too bad more people don't allow themselves to be that way. They don't know what they are missing as driving must be a dull experience for them.

Last edited by GT2KDave; 04-15-2002 at 10:44 AM.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-15-2002, 10:46 AM

Yes Dave the stock bar is slotted. On mine however there was no sign of it moving around. The paint around the washer mark showed no sign of cracking indicating no movement had taken place. I live in the UK where almost all of the roads are twisty it is lots a fun. After I saw the X brace on the vert stang connecting the K and the body together I knew it was the way to go. It is one stout piece. That with the subs, panhard bar and strut tower brace really make a solid platform.

Enjoy, Dwayne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement