o/r h pipe + DM MIL elims = check engine light STILL on!! - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 04-11-2002, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
o/r h pipe + DM MIL elims = check engine light STILL on!!

now what do i do, i got the kind that just plug inline with my O2 sensors, any suggestions.

96 Mystic Cobra
Born on 2/23/96
Cobra #4722 of 7496
Mystic #553 of 2000

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 04-11-2002, 10:27 AM

You could just drive with the check engine light on like I've been doing for about 2000 miles. It's a real pain in the butt and if something was really wrong with the car I wouldn't have any idea. I also bought the 02 sims and put them in. They weren't cheap, almost $100 I think I paid and yet my light is still on. You have to make sure that they are pushed in all the way and stay that way, I think. I think mine aren't fitting in right and that's my problem, it could also be yours. You are supposed to break off some sort of tab to make them fit right, I think as well.

post #3 of 11 Old 04-11-2002, 10:36 AM

mysticcobradude,
I have a bud over on SVTOA's forum who had the same problem. I believe that he mentioned for some folks, just switching the MIL's around solved the problem........... probably worth a try.

p.s.- Also heard that the Bassani system is notorious for this same condition. Didn't read to see what you're using before I started typing this suggestion, but that's yet another possibility.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 04-11-2002, 10:54 AM

Get www.mileliminators.com

S0nic Blu3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 Old 04-11-2002, 01:37 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
Question

Did you remember to disconnect your battery for 10-15 minutes to allow your computer to reset? I installed MIL's last night and the check engine light is no longer on. If you did disconnect your battery, I would do it again and let the car sit for a while.

'93 Coupe
CHP 342
Work in progress...
post #6 of 11 Old 04-11-2002, 01:42 PM

I have a 2 page thread on this same problem. Check it out.

Title is MIL's not working. Read it and it will give you insight on the subject. Quite common. I am in the diagnosis stage now.

Check the connections then you have to get codes checked to see what it wrong.
post #7 of 11 Old 04-11-2002, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Todd Edge
Did you remember to disconnect your battery for 10-15 minutes to allow your computer to reset? I installed MIL's last night and the check engine light is no longer on. If you did disconnect your battery, I would do it again and let the car sit for a while.
What he said, but I like to let it reset for a little longer than that, and I usually turn on something to cause a power drain. Like the interior lights.

I have been running the dallas mil's for over a year now and my check engine light will come on every now and then. I just reset her and she is okay again for a couple of months. BTW, with the light on their are no ill side effects.

~Kris
1996 GTS/248A

NPI heads (stock), Naturally Aspirated, 153K+ miles, weight w/ driver - 3080 lbs.
Houston Raceway 02/05/06 (959 Density Altitude):
13.447 @ 99.75, 60' - 1.810
8.597 @ 80.94, best 1/4 mph 101.69
Founding member of
- Budget Drag Racer's Association
post #8 of 11 Old 04-11-2002, 02:05 PM

my CE light came on after like 900 miles the first time, so I got under the car and tightened everything and thought I found an exhaust leak on a loose connection right before the driver side O2. It came on again two days ago, and after like 100 miles it went away and has not come on today. Strange. Anyhow, dont go to Auto Zone and try to get your codes scanned cause they are diks and a shop tried to charge me $40 so I just let it go and it went off. Hopefully it will stay off.

MAC CAI
Eibach Pro Kit w/poly bushings
American Thunder Cat Back
NT 555's
VRS o/r X pipe
post #9 of 11 Old 04-11-2002, 02:10 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Lightbulb

heheh...where's Dan when you need him?

Some suggestions:

1-damaged O2 sensor(s)
2-exhaust leak somewhere
3-Nonfunctiong MIL elims

'01 Cobra Coupe From 6.01 - 9.15
'94 Cobra Coupe From 9.09 - 6.11
'14 F-150 Raptor SCAB Deliv 3.14
post #10 of 11 Old 04-11-2002, 02:49 PM

I was told that an exhaust leak will not throw an MIL.

Any knowledge please let me know....a ford service guy told me...........but we all know about that.

post #11 of 11 Old 04-11-2002, 03:11 PM

when did you install the MILS?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement