Why wouldn't this work to help take the Tranny out with BBK headers still on? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-10-2002, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (2)
Question Why wouldn't this work to help take the Tranny out with BBK headers still on?

Why couldn't turn the bolts around on the Bellhousing? Just weld a nut on the inside of the bellhousing and screw in the bolts on the out side?

Would this work?
Anyone tried this?

I don't see why it wont work?

Moody

Sean Hyland 575 Long block, stock cams, match ported intake, ported heads, Vortech S-trim with GT upgraded, Power pipe, Prom-77, 42inj, UPR Discharge tube, MSD-4, 3.73 gears, BBK headers, had the stock 8in Cobra wheels widened to 10in, F-springs and Pro5.0 shifter, and everything polished under hood

New set up 12.13 @ 120.33 with 2.01 60's on 315/17 Nitto Drags 80 deg and 100 Humidity agrrrr
Best mph is 122.3

old set up (stock motor)
Best ET 11.7[email protected]
10.5 ET Streets
97 Cobra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-10-2002, 10:21 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
The problem is lowering the tranny, not removing the bolts.

Thanks,

Chris Yates
96 Cobra

post #3 of 7 Old 04-10-2002, 10:38 PM Thread Starter

Not the bolts that bolt to the motor. The ones on the bellhousing. You then can take the Tranny out with the bell housing still on the motor, and then wiggle the bellhousing off.

Will it work don't know might?

Moody
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-10-2002, 11:08 PM

Are you talking about a t-45?
If so, the bellhousing dosen't detach from the tranny like with a t-5. The tranny and bellhousing are one. If you took the bellhousing off a t-45 from inside it, you would be actually tearing the tranny down. The only way you can do it is pull off the headers. You can pull the tranny and bellhousing seperate if it is a tremec or t-56 on a 4.6.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-10-2002, 11:13 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
WAHOOO!!!! so does this mean i wont have a problem with my longtubes being in the way of the tranny because i have a T-56??? This will make things so much easier if i have to do a clutch or anything.

2003 Silver Cobra Coupe
KB solid axle equipped
641rwhp 628rwtq
[email protected] [email protected] 1.49760ft missed 4th rolled thru the traps

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-10-2002, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Let me clear it up a little?

My tranny is laying on the floor now. Car is blown up. Am saying turn the bolts around in the bellhousing while I have it out of the car.

By welding some nuts on the inside of the bellhousing so I can thread the bolts in from the outside of the bellhousing. so when I have to take the tranny out again I wont have to losing the headers.

clear?

Thanks
Moody

Sean Hyland 575 Long block, stock cams, match ported intake, ported heads, Vortech S-trim with GT upgraded, Power pipe, Prom-77, 42inj, UPR Discharge tube, MSD-4, 3.73 gears, BBK headers, had the stock 8in Cobra wheels widened to 10in, F-springs and Pro5.0 shifter, and everything polished under hood

New set up 12.13 @ 120.33 with 2.01 60's on 315/17 Nitto Drags 80 deg and 100 Humidity agrrrr
Best mph is 122.3

old set up (stock motor)
Best ET [email protected]
10.5 ET Streets
97 Cobra
post #7 of 7 Old 04-11-2002, 12:44 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Moody, thats impossible. The bolts go from the bellhousing to the tranny, the inside of the tranny. They cannot be turned around and even if they could, you would never be able to get to them without dropping the entire transmission with the bellhousing. This is assuming you are using a t-45. If you have TKO, 3550, t-56, etc it is already mounted on the outside and you can slide the trans onto the bellhousing and take it out without removing the bell.

James

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The Internet's 1st Mustang Enthusiasts Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement