Magnapacks are on. - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 Old 04-10-2002, 09:48 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Magnapacks are on.

They sound great very loud and deep as hell. People turn their heads and give a thumbs up. I had a old man tell me that it sounded great and better than the everyday flows. very impressed. sounds great and the tips fill the bumper in great.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 04-10-2002, 10:17 PM

do you have an X-pipe..? catted? what car

post #3 of 17 Old 04-11-2002, 01:30 PM Thread Starter

Yea ive a bassani catted x-pipe on my 99 GT. And this morning it was louder than it was yesterday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 Old 04-11-2002, 01:34 PM

Do you mind telling me where you got them, part number, and price? I've been thinking about changing my catback (since I'll have to replace a muffler) and I'm going to switch to LT's and an o/r Xpipe. Is it the 4" round mufflers?

John

John

1996 Black Cobra Vert: sitting in the garage for now
2008 Black Nissan Altima 2.5 S: new daily driver
post #5 of 17 Old 04-11-2002, 01:43 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
www.partshopper.com has magnaflow stuff

2007 Civic Si Sedan, Fiji Blue, lots of stickers
2001 Cobra, Mineral Grey
post #6 of 17 Old 04-14-2002, 12:05 PM

Call Houston Performance. I shopped around, and they had the best prices. Talk to Steve.
post #7 of 17 Old 04-14-2002, 01:08 PM

Sound files?

Hey cool do you have a way of getting some sound files of it revving and taking off? I've always heard the magnapacks are louder but not deeper than the magnaflows and I like deeper!
post #8 of 17 Old 04-14-2002, 06:19 PM

Re: Sound files?

Quote:
Originally posted by nathanstl
Hey cool do you have a way of getting some sound files of it revving and taking off? I've always heard the magnapacks are louder but not deeper than the magnaflows and I like deeper!
Hopefully someone out there with your same setup has sound files. I know that mine are loud and deep. I have a Bassani xpipe with cats. The sound can be modulated by how much pedal you give it. If i keep the revs around 1500, it is real deep. 2k + it screams like a bat out of hell. The Baasani pipe give it a different sound all together. I'm sure yours will sound differrent with the BBK off road.
post #9 of 17 Old 04-14-2002, 08:04 PM

Re: Re: Sound files?

Quote:
Originally posted by TRX7
The Baasani pipe give it a different sound all together. I'm sure yours will sound differrent with the BBK off road.
Actually I wanted the Bassani X Pipe because I love the sound, but after seeing them side by side at the local shop I realized that they are exactly the same. Until the BBK X pipe came out I think Bassani's main difference/advantage to the other x pipes was it's x design, it forces the air together rather than just being joined together like dr. gas, mac and some others, I mean on those you can't be sure how big the hole even is between the two pipes. The BBK pipe like the Bassani is more of an "x chamber" and it produces the same sound as the Bassani X Pipes do ,as I've compared it to friend's Bassani setups recently. So just a pointer if you want Bassani Sound but don't want to spend as much, the BBK is a great alternative. I believe the Bassani O/R X Pipe sells for like 285.00 and I got my BBK for 175.00. Hope this helps some people save some money on the X pipe so they can use it on even more mods!!! Thats what I'm going to do!
post #10 of 17 Old 04-14-2002, 09:09 PM

I think it is safe to say that you will like the sound. It is deep.
To make sure, try to find someone who has the magnapacks.

They are deep, but are real loud! With your of road pipe, your ears might bleed!!!

If i had to do it again, i would go with the regular magnaflow mufflers. Ilike the magnapacks, but they are too loud for long distance driving. I will find out for sure on Saturday. I will taking a 2 hour trip.

post #11 of 17 Old 04-14-2002, 10:00 PM

TRX7: I worried about that too until I went from Baltimore to VIR (5+ hrs). Just put it in cruise and turn the CD up.
post #12 of 17 Old 04-14-2002, 10:02 PM

Repeat. Sorry.
post #13 of 17 Old 04-14-2002, 10:58 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by HarlowJ
TRX7: I worried about that too until I went from Baltimore to VIR (5+ hrs). Just put it in cruise and turn the CD up.
LOL... I will definately turn the cd up! I noticed that it is pretty mellow around 70mph or lower.
post #14 of 17 Old 04-15-2002, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by HarlowJ
VIR?
post #15 of 17 Old 04-16-2002, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by whoosh

VIR?
Virginia International Raceway
post #16 of 17 Old 04-16-2002, 01:04 PM

i see.....
post #17 of 17 Old 04-17-2002, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SSSSSS
Do you mind telling me where you got them, part number, and price? I've been thinking about changing my catback (since I'll have to replace a muffler) and I'm going to switch to LT's and an o/r Xpipe. Is it the 4" round mufflers?

John
You might want to try John at Canadian Catalytic Exhaust Systems, Inc. He is on the boards as CCMAGNAFLOW you might want to PM him. His price shipped to my house in Ohio was roughly $50 less than Houston Performance. For my 2000 the part # is 15673.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement