MAC vs. BBK vs. Hooker...Longtubes... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-10-2002, 08:18 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Question MAC vs. BBK vs. Hooker...Longtubes...

Am getting closer to making a longtube header purchase for my 97 Cobra and was wondering if I could get the good, the bad, and the ugly on all three brands...Any comments are appreciated...Prices...Gains...Etc...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-10-2002, 09:26 PM

GM KLLR

I'm not sure if Hooker is making their new setup for the Cobra but here is why I'm going with Hooker for the system on my Bullitt:

I'm going to go with the Hooker Longtubes and the matching O/R X-Pipe that they are also making available. My reason for choosing the Hookers over the BBK is that I am not impressed with the large dent that BBK has in one of the primary tubes to allow for clearance. I also like the Hookers because they leave a lot of clearance around the bellhousing to allow for clutch work if need be. Once these headers are on my car I don't want to have to mess with them when I work on the transmission/clutch. I also like the small primary pipe diameter which should make for an excellent street header. Also; if you go to the Hooker website you will see that the system tucks up very tightly beneath the car.

I'm looking to have these on my car in the next month and I'll post before and after dyno results for the headers/Off-Road X addition. I'm going to go out on a limb and estimate that I will see about 15 RWHP more than I am currently and perhaps another 10 lb-ft of RWTQ. We'll have to wait and see how close my estimates are.

My $.02

Last edited by BULLITT680; 04-10-2002 at 09:32 PM.
post #3 of 5 Old 04-10-2002, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Where has been the cheapest you have found the hooker longtubes? A friend of mine was saying I'd have to coat them...Any of this hold true?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-10-2002, 09:35 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
I got mine from SHM for $653.99, ceramic coated and shipped to my door. The X pipes are on back order at SHM, but you might be able to get one from Advance Auto Parts. I'm going to try to order my X from them on Monday.

2005 GT Open Track Car - Steeda suspension and Stoptech's
1998 GT Open Track Car - Steeda 5-link and Brembo's
1999 Silverado - Tow Vehicle
2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe - Big, Black 19" Wheels
post #5 of 5 Old 04-10-2002, 09:36 PM

GM KLLR

I believe there is a group purchase being organized on Bullittclub.com. I think the price for the ceramic coated version is $653.00 and YES; Hooker does make a version that is ceramic coated as supplied so you wouldn't have to have them coated by another party. They also make the plain black version that is somewhat less in cost but I don't know how much. I believe the O/R X-Pipe is somewhere in the $140.00 range.

Hope this helps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement