PRO-M or C&L? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 Old 04-10-2002, 02:04 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
PRO-M or C&L?

Which is more popoular? Can I use the densecharger powerpipe to fenderwell unit with one?

I just need to replace my factory airbox with K&N. Anything seems like it would be better. I'm just waiting for the throttle body densecharger powerpipe for my Cobra and I'm buying it.

Just wanted to make sure that an aftermarket MAF would work with it first.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-10-2002, 02:32 AM

I don't know which one is the most popular but, I know which one performs the best. PRO-M!!!!!

96 Ford Cobra, PHP Stage 2 intake, All the bolt-on's, SVO Ceramic Headers, Bassani Off-Road X-pipe, Borla XR-1's, and The New 4.56's are in!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

95 ZX9R Ninja 136RWHP/ 70RWTQ [email protected]
06 2WD TrailBlazer SS 6.0L LS2 395HP Stock
post #3 of 10 Old 04-10-2002, 03:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by ALLNTRL
I don't know which one is the most popular but, I know which one performs the best. PRO-M!!!!!
Can I use the densecharger powerpipe to fenderwell unit with the PRO-M?

Also whats the biggest MAF I should use since i'm staying n/a?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 04-10-2002, 03:56 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Also noticed you use the UPR powerpipe and PRO-M do you think this is a better setup then the Densecharger powerpipe and Pro-M?
post #5 of 10 Old 04-10-2002, 09:03 AM

I don't know if the Densecharger will work with Pro-M or not, as I have never tried one. The reson I use the UPR is because it WORKS! The UPR will get you 8-10 more RWHP and pick the car up 1 mph in the 1/4 mile. The Pro-M that you want is the plastic 80mm and while your at it get yourself one of UPR's "Bigmouth" air filters to go with it. TRUST ME this setup will PERFORM! You can get the complete setup (Powerpipe, Plastic Pro-M 80mm MAF, and the "Bigmouth" filter) thru UPR, just ask for Joe. Hope that helps.

96 Ford Cobra, PHP Stage 2 intake, All the bolt-on's, SVO Ceramic Headers, Bassani Off-Road X-pipe, Borla XR-1's, and The New 4.56's are in!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 10 Old 04-10-2002, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I don't know if the Densecharger will work with Pro-M or not, as I have never tried one. The reson I use the UPR is because it WORKS! The UPR will get you 8-10 more RWHP and pick the car up 1 mph in the 1/4 mile. The Pro-M that you want is the plastic 80mm and while your at it get yourself one of UPR's "Bigmouth" air filters to go with it. TRUST ME this setup will PERFORM! You can get the complete setup (Powerpipe, Plastic Pro-M 80mm MAF, and the "Bigmouth" filter) thru UPR, just ask for Joe. Hope that helps.
Thanks man guess I might change my plans on my CAI. I have been considering that exact setup for a while. Just lately alot of people have been switching to the densecharger.Like Bob Cosby.
post #7 of 10 Old 04-10-2002, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by COBRa1998

Thanks man guess I might change my plans on my CAI. I have been considering that exact setup for a while. Just lately alot of people have been switching to the densecharger.Like Bob Cosby.
You are correct, alot of people are changing to the densecharger but, the people that are changing, were NOT using the UPR either.

Last edited by ALLNTRL; 04-10-2002 at 10:15 PM.
post #8 of 10 Old 04-10-2002, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
You are correct, alot of people are changing to the densecharger but, the people that are changing, were NOT using the UPR either.
Thats true,most had the wms.

Does the UPR not being in the fenderwall affect it at all? That seems to be the main reason most people have the densecharger.

Also what are your track times?
post #9 of 10 Old 04-10-2002, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by COBRa1998

Thats true,most had the wms.

Does the UPR not being in the fenderwall affect it at all? That seems to be the main reason most people have the densecharger.

Also what are your track times?
I have modified my UPR slightly so the filter will sit straight, like it did when stock. I also made a heat shield to cover the UPR filter. The way the UPR comes it might make a slight difference still being underhood but, alot of the other guys that run it the way it comes don't seem to be having any problems and all are saying that the gains I quoted are about what they have seen in their cars as well. If you want to go to a powerpipe that puts the filter inside the fender then I suggest the AFM. It will provide basically the same performance as the UPR. But, the AFM will NOT clear the factory strut tower brace. As for my times well, I haven't run it thru the 1/4 as there are none within 3 hrs. of where I live. (I know, I know, excuses excuses) Anyway, I have run it thru the 1/8 with low 8's @ 86mph with a Sh**ty 60ft. of 1.97 but, that was in the middle of July, 95 degrees w/ nearly 100% humidity and the DR's spinning thru 3rd gear. I have made several changes to the car since then so, I'm not sure what it would run now. But, when I finally get around to getting some ET Streets then you can say Hello 7's EASY!!!

Last edited by ALLNTRL; 04-10-2002 at 10:55 PM.
post #10 of 10 Old 04-11-2002, 12:47 AM

The c&l i have is doing me good.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement