Who is entering the 4VNA class at the ModMotorShootOut? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 04-09-2002, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Question Who is entering the 4VNA class at the ModMotorShootOut?

I just want to get a sneak peek at my competition. See if I can have what it takes to make it to Sunday. Im entering even if I dont have enough. I just want to go get some passes in with all of you mod motor guys there.

By the way, Does anyone have an extra set of slicks or 15" BFG DR's I could borrow??? I have a line to some skinnies, but I need to get the studs for the front and rear first.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-09-2002, 10:17 PM

post #3 of 12 Old 04-10-2002, 07:32 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
Thumbs up

N/A 1997 Cobra (STOCK MOTOR without any BOOST... GRANNY-SHIFTED) - RETIRED

12.14 @ 114 MPH
1.61 60ft.
306 rwhp and 301 rwtq
Best 60ft. - 1.55
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 04-10-2002, 07:46 AM

You can add Barry Shepard to the list. He's won it the past 2 years in a row with low to mid 12's. He's sort of like Billy Glidden, never really shows his hand until he needs to.

Dave King
2004 Mustang Cobra [email protected]
1997 Mustang Cobra 8.32 @168
post #5 of 12 Old 04-10-2002, 08:17 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
Looks like Barry might have his hands full ..Al

5.4 N/A Cobra, 593 rwhp.

Home of the 2004 NMRA Factory stock national champion.
post #6 of 12 Old 04-10-2002, 08:28 AM
Corral Charter Member

All your n/a 4V are belong to me!

Wait....I can't run....gotta do that announcing thing. Awe dammit, and I was looking to picking on you big motor and big mod and big HP dudes. Oh well.

Bob Cosby, USN (Retired)

2010 Corvette
2005 Harley FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide
post #7 of 12 Old 04-10-2002, 08:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Wait....I can't run....gotta do that announcing thing. Awe dammit, and I was looking to picking on you big motor and big mod and big HP dudes. Oh well.
Well since you cant run, you could let me borrow your tires and you can be represented.

post #8 of 12 Old 04-10-2002, 09:04 AM

I "might" run this class even though I will get KILLED!! I just like heads up racing better . . it is heads up right?? I am hoping to see mid 12's before I get there just to make it interesting!!

slosvt, if nobody comes through I will have a set of 275/50 R 15 BFG DR's you could use!! They would be on 15 x 10 Weld Prostars!! You would just need to remind me to bring them!!
post #9 of 12 Old 04-10-2002, 09:31 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
slosvt, if nobody comes through I will have a set of 275/50 R 15 BFG DR's you could use!! They would be on 15 x 10 Weld Prostars!! You would just need to remind me to bring them!!
That would work great since I dont have 3" studs. I wouldnt pass tech with slicks. Do you know of any clearing issues I would run into? The more info you could give me the better. When do you plan on leaving, so I can remind you to bring them.

Also, what are you going to run on? Do you have another set of Prostars for your slicks?

post #10 of 12 Old 04-10-2002, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by slosvt

That would work great since I dont have 3" studs. I wouldnt pass tech with slicks. Do you know of any clearing issues I would run into? The more info you could give me the better. When do you plan on leaving, so I can remind you to bring them.

Also, what are you going to run on? Do you have another set of Prostars for your slicks?
I am not sure about clearence issues . . I mean the Prostars are 15 x 10's and will have 6.5 inch backspacing and they fit PERFECT on my 99 axle . . .however, the 97 axle's are smaller!! But I think that wouldn't affect anything at all . . just tuck the tires in a little more . .

I am planning on leaving maybe a day or two before the first day of the shootout since I have to drive my car the entire way . . 8 hours!!! Just PM me a week before the day!!

yea, I will have another set of 15 x 10 Prostars with the same backspacing with my ET Street on them!! Now I will have to drive down on the BFG's because those are going to be my daily driving tire!! But when I get there I will just swap the tires off and let you use them!!

post #11 of 12 Old 04-10-2002, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by slosvt

Ummm...

You need 3" studs with Weld wheels to pass tech. They are a 2 peice design and the center is thick.

When you put the lug nut on, you would have no protruding stud and thus would fail tech.

NHRA rules says the end of the stud must go into the nut portion of the lug nut at least the the diameter of the stud. 1/2" then.

With 3" studs, they will go well pass the end and will stick out like this picture below and you will pass with a quick glance by the tech. If the picture doesn't work, just use the link. http://community.webshots.com/storag...xDnQqOd_ph.jpg

Later, Jason

N/A 1997 Cobra (STOCK MOTOR without any BOOST... GRANNY-SHIFTED) - RETIRED

12.14 @ 114 MPH
1.61 60ft.
306 rwhp and 301 rwtq
Best 60ft. - 1.55
post #12 of 12 Old 04-11-2002, 09:23 AM Thread Starter

Jason. Do you know where and how much I need to grind off the calipers? I really dont want to show up at the shootout and find out that I didnt grind enough. If you have any pics could you email me, [email protected] . Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement