Alternatives for mounting aftercooler tank? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-09-2002, 08:33 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Alternatives for mounting aftercooler tank?

So i am in the middle of my vortech install and i really don't want to move the battery to the trunk. This is mainly because i don't want to have to install a battery shutoff on the outside of the car. Sooo, has anyone come up with alternatives to mounting the tank in place of the battery????

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 04-09-2002, 10:06 AM

You could put the resevoir in the trunk I guess, but you would probably have to upgrade the pump and you would have to run a lot more hose.

Actually I dont even know if it would work due to the length that the water would have to run. I would call vortech and ask, but I suggest moving the battery to the trunk.

I havent been to a track yet where they enforce the external shutoff switch. Are you running in a certain class that requires this, or are you a "every now and then" track guy?

post #3 of 5 Old 04-09-2002, 10:08 AM

The biggest advantage of the tank being placed elsewhere is so the water will not get heat soaked from the engine heat.

I saw one setup where the resevoir was placed in the fenderwell. The bracket he made was very simple, but it would be a PITA to fill.

Another solution would be to place the resevoir in the trunk with an additional water pump.

Erick Burke
2011 Stage 2 Roush
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 04-09-2002, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Well, this is a 5-6 times a season car, but it will also be a show car. I think i may mount it in the trunk anyway for weight distribution, but i was just looking for other possibilities.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-09-2002, 10:42 AM

If its a showcar then I would put it in the trunk. I think people get off on seeing the battery there. Kevin, aka roush2k did a sweet install on his car. My battery just lays there because I dont show my car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement