Can I use a 98 gt MAF in a '00 gt? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 04-09-2002, 06:54 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Can I use a 98 gt MAF in a '00 gt?

Will this work?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 04-09-2002, 07:05 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
yes, but the car will probably run rich. Don't ask me why but when I used a MAF from my 96 GT (pro-m 77mm) over to my new 2000 GT the car ran extremely rich. A lot might be the way I have my cold-air setup, but either way it ran rich

Jonathan
2000 Performance Red GT Auto to 5spd/Old Car: 96 Metallic Green Auto GT
  • Fordchip Tuned Dyno #'s:407.6 RWHP 386.5 TQ with car seriously de-tuned for "bottom-end" reasons.
  • Go-fast mods:Steeda Hood and Wing, Saleen side scoops & front bumper, Stalker sideskirts, FMS "C" Springs 1 Coil cut in the rear, Nitto 555R's(front) & Drag Radials(rear)
  • Blower Mods:Vortech JT-Trim, 3.60 RR Pulley (8 psi) 42 lb inj, Lightning 90mm MAF, no powerpipe.
  • Tranny & Drivetrain:Tremec TKO 5-speed, Steeda Tri-ax shifter, Steeda adj quadrant clutch cable, Spec Stage III clutch, Spec Aluminum Flywheel, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, 4.10 FRPP gears
  • Intake & Air:Bullit Intake with a K&N & Pro MAF 77mm (removed), Cold-Air Ind. using a Densecharger
  • Misc & Engine:Steeda UnderDrive Pulleys, Steeda Timing Adjuster set back to 10, 180 thermo, Autolite TR764 Coppers, EEC Tuner (Removed) now using Autologic Chip (*ALL REMOVED FOR BLOWER*
  • Exhaust:MAC 2.5" Inch Catback with 3.5" Chrome Tips, MAC Longtubes & MAC Off-Hpipe (grins everytime I start the car)

----------Old Auto Tranny Setup---------
    TransGO, then PA transbrake valvebody, 3200 lockup Art Carr converter, SVO tranny cooler.

-Special Thanks to David Posea, White99GT (Bill), Cobra Killer (Tim), Jason at Higgins Ford Performance Racing, and Shawn Sullivan.
post #3 of 8 Old 04-09-2002, 07:06 AM

98 uses 19# injectors and a 00 24# injectors so the table in the computer will be wrong. Why do you want to change?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 04-09-2002, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

Well long story short I cut the post in my '00 gt's maf, car didn't like that very much so I found a 98 maf w/ sensor. The sampling tube and everything looks the same I just didn't know if I needed to swap the maf sensor itself or not. FYI the 00 tube and housing is plastic. the 98 one is aluminum. Looks MUCH better IMHO.
Thanx!
post #5 of 8 Old 04-09-2002, 07:54 AM

You can try just swapping the sensor to the new body and see what happens. Just keep a ear open for pinging and look at the plugs to see how the engine is running.
post #6 of 8 Old 04-09-2002, 08:23 AM Thread Starter

that's what I was thinking as well. They are the same size right? just one is aluminum and the other is plastic. Heck the aluminum looks better anyway.
thanx a ton 46GTSblown!
post #7 of 8 Old 04-09-2002, 08:26 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
btw, all GT's come with 19 lb injectors, not 24..

Car should run fine, did you make sure to plug the intake sensor in all the way? We left out the egr tube going into the intake hose and it caused the same problem.
post #8 of 8 Old 04-09-2002, 08:42 AM

Rancid I thought the 99 and up went to 24# injectors? Could be wrong though. Ohwell live and learn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement