gains w/timing adjuster N/A and w/NOS - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 04-09-2002, 01:42 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
gains w/timing adjuster N/A and w/NOS?

I have seen LOTS of people on here recommend a Steeda timing adjuster as one of the first mods that should be done on our cars. My question is as follows: Realistically what can it do for a car N/A? Is there a clear SOP gain? Secondly, I now have a NOS 5171 on my car. I've heard many say that with a 150-shot and under, stock timing is fine. However, would changing timing help when using the juice? I am considering scoring a T/A but am honestly looking for a clear SOP gain both with the nitrous and especially N/A, as 99% of my driving/street racing will be without the nitrous. What do you guys think and what are your experiences using a T/A in both situations?

Last edited by Immortality; 04-09-2002 at 01:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-09-2002, 03:49 PM Thread Starter

Wow I'm surprised no replies... come on T/A guys!

post #3 of 7 Old 04-09-2002, 04:20 PM

I don't have a Steeda T/A, but I think you SHOULDNT see any gains when on the spray with one. Reason being is because you shouldnt advance your timing while you're spraying. You'd be more likely to detonate and blow something. The T/A is suited best for n/a applications or decreasing your timing in non n/a situations. I could be wrong here, so someone else chime in.

2012 Silver GT, M6, Brembos, 3.73s, Lethal OR-H, K&N, tuned
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 04-09-2002, 04:31 PM

Its not about seeing gains ... its going to allow you to use more n20 .. more safely.. thats the big advantage of it with n20....

Some dynos n/a usually at 15deg usually see plus minus 3-6 something like that...
post #5 of 7 Old 04-09-2002, 05:16 PM

Forgive my ignorance. but how? Can you explain it to me please.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-09-2002, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

So when on the juice the T/A is more of a safety mod and N/A more of a performance mod? Does it make a SOP gain at least N/A or is it like pulleys in that you really don't notice much?
post #7 of 7 Old 04-09-2002, 11:45 PM

I nyiced alot more low end grunt at 14 degrees, and used it to retard timing to 8 degrees on the 150 pill. There is not detno, soI am happy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement