"TURBO TIM" goes deep 9's - Page 3 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 80 Old 04-28-2002, 09:06 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
ROFL, dude those plates are killer, amazing car!

black96GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 80 Old 04-29-2002, 12:12 AM

Congrats!

Theres a LS1 C5 Vette running 9.2s @ 155 nitrous setup I believe. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=288558

Theres a couple more LS1 running mid 9s. A TT C5 and a nitrous TA.

post #73 of 80 Old 04-29-2002, 10:55 PM

Ed,

I drove it to the car show at Extreme Mustangs, but towed it to EZ's. Truck and trailer were around back.

GL,

I shift at 7300. Still has stock valve springs! Actually with the stock cams, it really doesn't want to rev higher than that anyway. That should be fixed soon!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 80 Old 04-30-2002, 01:35 PM

Congrats!

Hopefully you'll make it to Houston this weekend.

L8r
post #75 of 80 Old 04-30-2002, 05:41 PM

is this a custom 1-off axis turbo kit or are they manufacturing turbo kits for the modular fords now? and do they have a website?
post #76 of 80 Old 04-30-2002, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DOHC 90LX

GL,

I shift at 7300. Still has stock valve springs! Actually with the stock cams, it really doesn't want to rev higher than that anyway. That should be fixed soon!!!
Heheh man thats crazy! More proof Cobra heads rock....Great car

(btw, GL = good luck My initials are "RR" lol)
Thx for answering. Cant wait to see your car run!

Robert
post #77 of 80 Old 04-30-2002, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by DOHC_Josh
All I will say is this:

I've seen TDC kits in person, installed on cars.

If you have not seen TDC kits installed, go hunt up some quality photos of them.

Then compare the craftsmanship of what you see on the TDC cars vs. what you see on that AXIS car.
While the axis kit looks great on his car, you really make an unfair comparison. TDC is fighting with OEM equipment and accessories fitment, as well as an attempt at ease of maintanence. These kits are also produced with numbers more than one. While I'm not downplaying the ingenuity and diligence required to fit a nice turbo package on the yellow RACE car, it hardly compares to fitment of a reliable (ie. owner of the kit doesnt necessarily know anything about it, and doesnt have the skills to work on it and/or competently maintain it after every track event) package that must comform to the confines of a/c. p/s, smog, mechanical h20 pump, electronics/wires everywhere, etc. I hope axis produces 4v kits as well as any other turbo kit mfgr. We need them. But, you can't make a comparison to the craftmanship of a one-off race setup on a stripped (under the hood, atleast) race car to a mass-produced (yes, I know each is built to order, but they do make many more than one) oem fitment kit. Thats like comparing the Grebeck car (RIP) turbo set up - regarding craftmanship and quality - to the typical Cartech SS kit.
post #78 of 80 Old 04-30-2002, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by LocoSS
Congrats!

Theres a LS1 C5 Vette running 9.2s @ 155 nitrous setup I believe. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=288558

Theres a couple more LS1 running mid 9s. A TT C5 and a nitrous TA.
Not that it matters, cause fast is fast - no matter how you get it done, but I know the AXIS car is 281-83ci. Arent those "LS1's" , well atleast one of them, 400+ci. Actually, aren't they all in the neighborhood of 422ci? Again, it's really of no consequence, but I thought I would point that out. Either way, a mid/low 9 sec car is moving - even if you do need an extra 140 ci. j/k
post #79 of 80 Old 04-30-2002, 07:04 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
Hey Tim, Nice job! SWEET!!!!!!!! Will you be at the WFC in st.louis? know alot of us that are going. just wondering, would love to see it run! Later, Tom

1995 cobra clone,Dart Iron eagle 352 by P.E.R. Race engines, new set up-big stuff 3, 205cc tfs tw heads race ported [email protected], freezy cam, tfs R box.160# Bosch Inj. Vortech renegade ysi. turbo 400 w/brake. 10.5 set up, Old set up, [email protected] Under winter transformation. Still street car.
post #80 of 80 Old 05-05-2002, 04:59 PM

Well, due to work, I couldn't make Houston. I am definitely going to St. Louis. Thanks for the compliments. As far as the kits, TDC makes an excellent kit. I know that the AXIS kit, (NOT RELEASED OR READY FOR RELEASE) will also be an excellent kit. I think that everyone should buy from who they are comfortable with. Right now TDC is available and AXIS is not. When that changes, then be informed on both kits, and choose one YOU are comfortable with. Hype on the internet is good though, makes people strive to be better. That is what RACING is about, RIGHT!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement