Ford Mustang Forums banner

Subframes for Side Exhaust

465 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Snyper5.8 
#1 ·
I don't know how many options there are for subframes for side exhuast, but i saw the ones that Spintech has with it bent up a bit or stepped for clearence. My question is are these subframes that are made for side exhaust as strong as regular full length ones that MM or Global offers. The reason I am asking is because at the moment I don't have a side exhaust setup and probably won't for a while, but sometime in the future I think i want to get some and I am shopping around for subframes right now and if the these side exhaust subframes offer as much strength as regular ones, I think i might buy some to save myself the trouble in the future if i get the side exhaust setup. thanks

#2 ·
I don't think any, non-full length subframe, especially with notches or flat spots can be as strong as those full-length subs. Too much to ask. However, on my vert, I use Steeda chrome-moly sub frames, and they will clear the side exhaust. Sure... I'm giving up a little rigidity, but honestly, I can't tell.

#5 · (Edited)
I remember seeing the pics below of someone taking regular, straight subs and bending them him self. Its something Im thinking of doing (taking full-length subs and bending them myself.

As far as them being as strong.....probably not. But then again, they wont be that much weaker.

#6 ·
I called Spintech yesterday and asked them about the subs they have and the guy said that they are full length subs stepped up towards the back for clearence of side exhaust and are as strong as regular subs. They are $149 unpowdercoated. Does anyone have these already or know someone with them that can give us their opinions on them. thanks

#7 ·
98Roush said:
I have side pipe (roush) and I have wanted subs for a long time. CDC has a set but they are short as hell. I want full lenghts.

You say steedas clear side pipes? Did steeda say this? Are they full legth?

Thanks
My side exhaust clears my Steeda sub frames as well no sweat, only thing is side pipe will rattle on Subframe, but that is easily fixed..

Ryan

#8 ·
Roush has some sfc's on their website (roushperf.com). The are designed for the Roush exhaust. They run from the front subframe to the vertical pinchweld just in front of the rear wheels, outboard of the rear subframe. They're bolt-ons, but I'm sure you could weld them in.
Just another option. Later!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.