Do Hooker LT headers really clear the tranny??? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 03-19-2002, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Question Do Hooker LT headers really clear the tranny???

Has anyone actually installed any of the new Hooker LT headers for the 4.6 engine? They are advertised to not be an obstacle to a clutch change. If true, what a deal! Can anyone actually witness to this? Are Hooker LTs as advertised, or not? The main reason I have yet to install LTs is because I don't ever want to have to remove them, ie for tranny /clutch work. Any first-hand accounts out there?
Later,
CW

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 03-19-2002, 03:40 PM

Also I would like to know if each side for 4.6-32v goes on as a grouped set or as four separate tubes which are then 'assembled' together by attaching the collector?

post #3 of 13 Old 03-19-2002, 06:10 PM

I'll let you know within two weeks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 03-19-2002, 07:34 PM

Yes I have the new Hooker Long Tube Headers. My car as actually the test car for these headers. Everything on Holley's Website is true. You will never have to remove the Headers once installed, in fact I got my Headers and of road X installed in jan. and have sinceinstalled a new clutch. The headers were never in the way and were never taken off. I Love my headers. I got them in ceramic coating, and they look andsound fantastic. If you ave any major questions you can call Holley at 12707811680 and ask for Dave Roberts.

Matt
post #5 of 13 Old 03-19-2002, 10:17 PM

sounds awesome matt. did you feel the power increase? and how do they sound with your flowmasters? thanks
post #6 of 13 Old 03-20-2002, 09:05 PM

The power increase is very noticable ecspecially the torque. Its great! They sound realy good with my 2 chamber flowmasters. It makes a really cool sound. I dont really know how to describe it but they guy that put ton said that it had something to dowiht the mufflers so i gues it does well with flowasters in any case.

seeya
matt
post #7 of 13 Old 03-20-2002, 10:09 PM Thread Starter

Wonder how long it'll take Hooker to market a header for the '03 Cobra? That's prolly gonna be my first mod.
Later,
CW
post #8 of 13 Old 05-11-2002, 09:13 PM

matt, some questions...

Quote:
Originally posted by One Slow Stang
The power increase is very noticable ecspecially the torque. Its great! They sound realy good with my 2 chamber flowmasters. It makes a really cool sound. I dont really know how to describe it but they guy that put ton said that it had something to dowiht the mufflers so i gues it does well with flowasters in any case.

seeya
matt
Hey Matt. I noticed that you have 2-chamber flows with the hooker X-pipe and I keep hearing 'don't mix x-pipe with flow'. You don't perhaps have a sound clip of your car, I would really like to hear it. I already have the 2-chamber flows like you, and am getting LTs and a h/x pipe and would like to hear your thoughts.

Also, for emissions I need cats, does anyone know any h-pipe/x-pipe w/ cats for the Hooker LTs?

Last edited by sct15us; 05-11-2002 at 09:28 PM.
post #9 of 13 Old 05-11-2002, 09:57 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
I don't know about the Cobra but the ones for the 2v have a slip tube on the drivers side. I'd imagine on the Cobra you have a lot harder install then my car just because the size of the heads.

1993 Cobra
2004 Mach AB Cammed and nitrous
2008 Gt stock
1983 Mustang L 351 w
post #10 of 13 Old 05-11-2002, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by One Slow Stang
Yes I have the new Hooker Long Tube Headers. My car as actually the test car for these headers. Everything on Holley's Website is true. You will never have to remove the Headers once installed, in fact I got my Headers and of road X installed in jan. and have sinceinstalled a new clutch. The headers were never in the way and were never taken off.
Does this hold true for 99+ Cobras? Thanks.

post #11 of 13 Old 05-11-2002, 11:00 PM

i believe that SHM has a high flow h or x pipe (can't rememvber) for thier headers, which as i recall are based of off hooker's (might be wrong) but in either case i would look at SHM and see if they have one....
post #12 of 13 Old 05-12-2002, 01:54 AM

Trader Feedback: (2)
I know Matt, and his car does sound good. I saw them take the tranny out, and it was a tight fit , but the tranny did come out.

Also Matt stop by, me and webb put the motor in my car last night. Agrrrrrrrrrrrrr all I can say it's done.

Moody

Sean Hyland 575 Long block, stock cams, match ported intake, ported heads, Vortech S-trim with GT upgraded, Power pipe, Prom-77, 42inj, UPR Discharge tube, MSD-4, 3.73 gears, BBK headers, had the stock 8in Cobra wheels widened to 10in, F-springs and Pro5.0 shifter, and everything polished under hood

New set up 12.13 @ 120.33 with 2.01 60's on 315/17 Nitto Drags 80 deg and 100 Humidity agrrrr
Best mph is 122.3

old set up (stock motor)
Best ET [email protected]
10.5 ET Streets
97 Cobra
post #13 of 13 Old 05-12-2002, 08:58 AM

hey, are long tubes street legal? i'm asking particularly for New York state
gino
Sponsored Links
Advertisement