TSB: 01-10-8 MAY 01 Driveline - Whining Noise On Coastdown - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 02-12-2002, 08:57 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
TSB: 01-10-8 MAY 01 Driveline - Whining Noise On Coastdown

Has anyone had there car in for this TSB. If so, what was wrong and what did they do about it to fix it. I just had my car at the dealer for this TSB and i told them the whine is in 3rd gear and is best heard at 35mph or lower. The dealer told me that nothing is wrong with the trans and that 35 in 3rd gear is "to much lug on it". What ever the hell that means. Then they said this TSB is just for the 3.8 V6 Mustang and not my GT. Is the dealer right here. I would like to here if anyone else has had any luck with this problem. thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-12-2002, 10:56 PM

There is a TSB for the 3650

They replace the transmission, treated as a non-servicable unit, Or some such mumbo-jumbo.

Worked for me!

Good luck

post #3 of 9 Old 02-13-2002, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Hey BadBud,
Do you know what TSB # it is for the 3650. I can't seem to find it. Also, what does it say the problems is. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 02-13-2002, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SR77
Hey BadBud,
Do you know what TSB # it is for the 3650. I can't seem to find it. Also, what does it say the problems is. thanks
This is as much as I know from alldata.com, for 2001 Ford Mustand Cobra:

TSB Number Issue Date TSB Title

01-10-8 MAY 01 Driveline - Whining Noise On Coastdown

You can subscribe and get the contents of the TSBs for your car.

/bud
post #5 of 9 Old 02-14-2002, 08:09 AM Thread Starter

Yeah that is the same TSB# that I gave to the dealer. The problem is that it is for the 3.8 V6 only. How did you get a whole new tranny out of it. What did you say to your dealer. It is only third gear that whines on my GT so there has to be something wrong with it. thanks
post #6 of 9 Old 02-14-2002, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SR77
Yeah that is the same TSB# that I gave to the dealer. The problem is that it is for the 3.8 V6 only. How did you get a whole new tranny out of it. What did you say to your dealer. It is only third gear that whines on my GT so there has to be something wrong with it. thanks
Alldata lists that TSB as applying to the 01 Cobra too. I just reported the symptom as "Driveline Whining Noise On Coastdown" and they took care of it.

Could be more to it though. The whole tranny was noisy and vibrated like you would not believe, from day one. In addition to the drivetrain whine.

All that was only amplified after the Tri-Ax was installed. So they really could not ignore it.
post #7 of 9 Old 04-12-2002, 02:05 PM

Badbud,

Did you bring your car into the dealer with the Tri-ax shifter installed?

I have a Tri-ax on my car and have VERY loud gear whine during coast down in almost every gear.

Thanks for any help.
post #8 of 9 Old 04-12-2002, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by bimmerboy
Badbud,

Did you bring your car into the dealer with the Tri-ax shifter installed?

I have a Tri-ax on my car and have VERY loud gear whine during coast down in almost every gear.

Thanks for any help.
BBoy,

Yes, I had the Tri-Ax installed. I think that's what made the driveline whine all the more noticable. I read about the "whine" like the week after I installed it. I was a little concerned taking it to the dealer that way, but figured what the heck. If anything, the shift stops protect the 3650 from bent forks.

They put it back on, I could tell by the sealer color, but they didn't re-set the shift stops.

Now it whines coasting in first gear, some people seem to have the 3650 replaced on a regular basis.
post #9 of 9 Old 04-12-2002, 07:57 PM

ttt

01LaserRedCobra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement