DCC Fan controls and good? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 05-26-2019, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (11)
DCC Fan controls and good?

I am looking for a reasonably priced fan controler and found these Multispeed Controllers and Accessories I did a little research but most of what I found was older post. I am going to be running Contour dual fans and want to retain my A/C control because it blows ice cold. Are these good fan controllers or are there any comparable products that are better. Not looking for the most expensive thing on the market for my 03 GT.

1986 GT 5spd, Vortech S-trim, 3:55, BBK longtubes and H-pipe, Subframe connectors, Mac mufflers, Accel Coil, Custom paint, Hurst short throw, Rebuilt bottom end, GT40 irons, TFS1, Cobra upper and lower, 42's, LMAF, SCT chip tuned by SGS Automotive, AEM Meth and widband, UPR Powerpipe 26000 miles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-26-2019, 09:17 PM

Trader Feedback: (2)
See post 63

I added mine in 2014 still works great not one problem. I also have AC

https://forums.corral.net/forums/mem...0-heads-2.html

93 cobra Dart 363 11r205 heads T-56 Magnum 2.66 cobra intake 3in shorties 3in out the back
Latest build
https://forums.corral.net/forums/member-build-up-projects/2484040-93-cobra-363ci-5speed-build.html
post #3 of 5 Old 05-27-2019, 01:48 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Added information to the following thread regarding HOW to trouble shoot the factory fan set up. It seems to me that the factory set up is fairly sophisticated. As well as it's already interfaced to the various sub systems within the car taking into account:
  • Engine temperature in two steps.
  • the Car's speed turning the fan off above 45 MPH.
  • AC mode (on/off)
  • AC head pressure (force high speed fan on when AC head pressure is above a certain high set point).

Seems likely to me that even IF the CCRM is bad and needs to be replaced this is still a less expensive option than an after market fan control.

https://forums.corral.net/forums/gt-...l#post18559984

Post #16 and #27
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-28-2019, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

I was going to trouble shoot the CCRM but I wasn't sure if the contour fans would draw too many amps. I thought it would just be easier to use separate fan controller.

1986 GT 5spd, Vortech S-trim, 3:55, BBK longtubes and H-pipe, Subframe connectors, Mac mufflers, Accel Coil, Custom paint, Hurst short throw, Rebuilt bottom end, GT40 irons, TFS1, Cobra upper and lower, 42's, LMAF, SCT chip tuned by SGS Automotive, AEM Meth and widband, UPR Powerpipe 26000 miles.
post #5 of 5 Old 06-02-2019, 09:11 PM Thread Starter

I did some testing on my CCRM today and found out it is working properly, low speed comes on when A/C is on and the high speed comes on when it starts to get too hot. I am going to wire it like this if the CCRM will handle the surge from the fans kicking on. Will this be ok? I found this in an older post but it wasn't for the Contour fans.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg corral2.jpg (13.5 KB, 5 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement