Anyone ever use leatherseats.com? and power seat question - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 05-25-2019, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (13)
Anyone ever use leatherseats.com? and power seat question

First just want to see if anyone got new leather from them I'd love to see some pictures of an actual install completed.

And has anyone ever converted a non power seat 99-04 car into a power seat? Very tempted to try it. I've been wanting to do it for a really long time. I really like the factory seats but just need more adjust-ability. I imagine the track itself should bolt right in. Just a matter of putting power to it.

99 GT - rebuilt 4.6, 5 spd, 4.10's, P/P PI heads, V2 s-trim, Cobra Fuel tank and pumps, 42lb injectors, Flowmaster SS, and a bunch of other stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-28-2019, 02:01 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Garage
I know track extenders fit both power/non-power, so I really doubt the track mounting is different between them. The seats themselves should also be the same (mounting wise); I'm pretty sure you just need the power track/switch panel. The only thing I can think of that's different in the New Edge models is that the seat belt coupler is attached to the seat track. So a driver track would likely require modification on the passenger side.

I would also be curious to see anyone with leather seats from them; their heating/cooling units look pretty interesting.

post #3 of 4 Old 05-28-2019, 04:11 PM

Trader Feedback: (6)
The seat bottoms on the 99-04 are side specific. The passenger seat has a flat bottom, while the drivers seat has the front and rear mounting bolts at different levels. So if you were to put a power track from the driver's side on a passenger seat, you would need spacers to lift the seat up slightly to get it all bolted together level

Also, as mentioned, the seat belt clips are mounted to the tracks which are side specific.

Mike
--1988 Mustang LX 5.0--
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 06-06-2019, 11:33 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang5L5 View Post
The seat bottoms on the 99-04 are side specific. The passenger seat has a flat bottom, while the drivers seat has the front and rear mounting bolts at different levels. So if you were to put a power track from the driver's side on a passenger seat, you would need spacers to lift the seat up slightly to get it all bolted together level

Also, as mentioned, the seat belt clips are mounted to the tracks which are side specific.
I wouldn't switch sides. My question was only for switching a used power seat track into an old car without a power seat track.

99 GT - rebuilt 4.6, 5 spd, 4.10's, P/P PI heads, V2 s-trim, Cobra Fuel tank and pumps, 42lb injectors, Flowmaster SS, and a bunch of other stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement