Engine lift point bolt size - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By chopperscfl

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 05-04-2019, 07:29 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Engine lift point bolt size

I'm lifting my engine and trans out the top and I've read that the best lift points for the rear of the engine is in the back of the heads where there are holes to thread in bolts. I'm not able to look at the car now and I wanted to know does anybody know what size/thread the bolts are? I'd like to pick them up on the way home today so I can get right to it. Also I'm picturing that area and it doesn't seem like there's much room between it and the firewall so if someone who uses those lift points can tell me what length gives a good grip space for the chain but isn't too long to fit in that space? Thanks!

2004 Comp Orange GT 5 Speed
Full Bolt On's, Long Tubes, Drag Suspension, 4.10's, 150 shot, Spec Stage 3 clutch, 3217lbs without me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-04-2019, 04:07 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
If you’re pulling the intake off and pulling the engine/trans together, just take out a top transmission bolt and run your chain from there up to the the bolt holes for the alternator. I think the alternator bolt holes are 8x1.25 and the trans bolts are 10x1.5....I think. At either of those spots, the length wouldn’t matter much because you can run the bolt all the way down and not worry about hitting anything.

Now, depending on the heads, those bolt holes will either be the 8x1.25 or the 10x1.5 and I don’t know the length.

post #3 of 3 Old 05-05-2019, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lwarrior1016 View Post
If you’re pulling the intake off and pulling the engine/trans together, just take out a top transmission bolt and run your chain from there up to the the bolt holes for the alternator. I think the alternator bolt holes are 8x1.25 and the trans bolts are 10x1.5....I think. At either of those spots, the length wouldn’t matter much because you can run the bolt all the way down and not worry about hitting anything.

Now, depending on the heads, those bolt holes will either be the 8x1.25 or the 10x1.5 and I don’t know the length.
Thanks. I wasn't going to take the intake off but I ended up doing that and then buying some high strength bolts and using 4 of the intake bolt holes. Seen a few posts with the DOHC owners doing that. You hadn't made your post yet and I ended up coming home super early and getting right to it, otherwise I would have went that route. Thanks for the knowledge Warrior!
lwarrior1016 likes this.

2004 Comp Orange GT 5 Speed
Full Bolt On's, Long Tubes, Drag Suspension, 4.10's, 150 shot, Spec Stage 3 clutch, 3217lbs without me
Sponsored Links
Advertisement