Ford Mustang Forums banner

Drivability problems

3K views 35 replies 2 participants last post by  indy2000 
#1 ·
Have been having an odd misfiring at 2500-3000rpms when accelerating at roughly 1/8 throttle. Can give it more gas or let out and it stops misfiring. Did some data logging and found that the MAF counts go crazy when the misfiring takes place. Was wondering what everyone thinks the causes of this could be? I'm not sure if it's a bad MAF or if could be something else? I can provide more data logs or information if needed. I'll add pictures of the intake setup, because I'm not sure if the bypass could be causing some kind of interference to the MAF.

SCT-BA2600 MAF (Draw Through)
CX Racing Intercooler
Vortech MaxFlo BPV

First datalog is slowly accelerating in 4th. The second is at idle and then holding the revs at 2,000 rpms.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
I'll data log another idle file at operating temp and one snapping the throttle at WOT.

The data log in my first post where I have the car in 4th gear shows the misfire. When the counts go crazy is the misfire, but the MAF counts were all I data logged. I'll try to data log the misfire again with more PIDS. What all would you like to see for the misfire?

#11 ·
I'm gonna perform a smoke test this weekend to see if I can track down any possible vacuum leaks. The car will see -18in.Hg in vacuum during a cold start. Once the car is up to temp the vacuum varies between -14 and -13. I have MHS stage 3 blower cams, so I'm assuming that amount of vacuum is correct for those particular profiles. They've since come out with a second generation of camshafts and I no longer remember the cam specs.

I'll also redo the data logs that were missing the b2s1 o2 readings this weekend.

This is something I should have mentioned in my first post, but I did pull two codes on the car a couple of months ago that indicate it being lean (P1132 and P1152). I had drove the car for months off and on before those codes finally came up. I deleted the codes to see if they would come back when I first got them and they haven't popped back up yet.

#12 ·
you probably still have a p1000

so the codes will probably be pending.....

dont need codes when you see trims like that

i think you have maf issues........

can you log DC of the frequency?

#21 ·
it appears you might have two issues, from those logs

1. maf and or wiring, there seems to be a lot of noise and drop outs
2. the fuel trims with the rpm tests, suggest you have an air leak

i would first check for air leak, as suggest a smoke test

and log again, you should find that long term trims at idle should counter to 1, if the air leak is fixed

as far as maf, you would need a scope to actually check the signal correctly

you can perform a voltage drop test to verify the power and grounds are sound, a poor ground could result in a poor signal

try that and report what you find.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.