Ford Mustang Forums banner

Holley HP EFI

7K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  y2k02 
#1 ·
Does anybody have experience with this stand alone on 96-98?

#3 ·
Did you end up going with the 99-04 pnp setup or did you piece it all together? I’m guessing you have to run COP’s or an LS coil setup with this? What did you do about the alternator wiring? Any pics? Enough I/O for you on the HP? Just looking for some general info, I haven’t found any pre-99 2v’s running this setup

#4 ·
The HP is setup to run COP from 99+ mustangs. I had a set of coils left over from my lightning so I just tossed them on.

The only input I am using is the clutch switch to activate the 2 step.

The only output I am using is to my boost controller.

Alternator is wired to a circuit breaker in the trunk then to the cutoff switch. Battery and alternator are separate so the car dies with the cutoff switch. I then ran a dedicated power wire from a circuit breaker to the factory fuse block to power everything as normal.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

#7 ·
Thanks for all the info and photos. That's a wild looking setup you have there, super clean build. My main concern was having spark issues. I guess when you ditch the factory ecu and go to the holley setup whether that be with COP's or LS1 coils or the smart coils than you are getting rid of the dwell/waste spark mix up and running straight holley. It's a ton to learn on a setup like this so just trying to determine if it would be right for me for only on a street car

#9 ·
What's the reason you want to run that (or lets say AFM's PMS system) on a street car? OR feel you should or need to.
I mean unless someone is GIVING you that system you can get the SCT PRP package and tune the oem computer yourself AND I think afford some sort of electronic boost-control solution (though wonder if you could also source a standalone wideband in that price).

Per HOLLEY's website said:
The HP offers numerous advantages over a reprogrammed OEM computer, including integrated single channel wide band oxygen sensor control that works with NTK or Bosch sensors, 2GB internal datalogging, integrated boost control, eight channel Distributorless Ignition (DIS) outputs capable of directly driving “smart” ignition coils or Holley DIS coils, four-stage progressive nitrous control, and the ability to work with an external third-party traction control system.

Lest you think that the HP is strictly a race EFI system, though, keep in mind that it’s also well-suited for street applications. It’s got four programmable inputs and the same number of outputs that can be configured to run electrical accessories like a radiator fan or electric water pump, and it has the same powerful self-tuning capabilities that make the Terminator so easy to set up and run.
Other than the integrated boost control and a bus for proper O2 sensors . . . not sure its what you want for a street car.

#10 ·
Holley's software is free to download.
https://www.holley.com/support/resources/#Fuel_Injection
The holley imo is way easier to une over the sctprp.
The holley hp kit for around $1600 comes with everything you need except an oil and fuel pressure sensor. They are like $17/each on ebay.
Holley has everything built into one box boost control, meth injection, 2-step, wideband and many other things.
Guys that have holley can share their tune file. Guys that have holley seem to help others with their holley.
No more MAF to worry with.
Real time tuning and the data logging it does is awesome.
sctprp costs $350.
x2, x4 tuner $350.
boost controller $550.
wideband o2 $250.
Sell all that #### and get the holley.
You can keep your stock cluster working if you want. Their dash screen is awesome. You can monitor anything you want on it. Then you can sell all the extra gauges that most run like boost, fuel pressure, trans temp, wideband and oil pressure. All those gauges add up quick. You can also tune right from the dash screen.

Reactions: KEVIN$
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.