Ford Mustang Forums banner

Which subframes fit with side exhaust?

730 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  BMS 
#1 ·
So I'm lookin at getting a set for my 02 Roush. Problem is I dont know which will clear the side exhaust. I am planning on swithching to the Borla or Bassani 2 1/2" in the future.
The only subframes I've seen that specifically says it will clear side exhaust is the Paul's High Performance. Anyone use these? What are you running?
I like the Kenny Brown extreme thingy with jacking rails and stuff, but am open to opinions.
Remember, it HAS to clear side exhaust.

Thanks.:)

#2 ·
C'mon guys. Ive used the search but no one makes any mention of the side exhaust issue. Help me out here.

#5 ·
:eek:
OMG! $300 for the Roush connectors. Seems a bit steep.

I checked out Spintech but didnt see anything about subframes. :confused: :confused: :confused:

#7 ·
#8 ·
So I called GRC. Their subframes are made by Spintech. The chick that helped me wasnt sure if they would clear the side exhaust. She asked the guys around, and they werent sure. She said to call back on Monday and she would check with Spintech to see if it would fit.

So any experiences with Pauls HP subframes?
STEDDA?

#9 ·
roush subframes

They are $300.00 but guarranteed to fit if you go elsewhere it may cost more if they don't fit.Look when you bought the roush you must have realized then that you pay a premium for the car and the roush name.

#10 ·
My buddy did a trial fit of his spintech subframes on his car today. He's got the steeda side exhaust (on a '02 GT). His is a vert so he's already got the subframes and the new stepped ones gave him another inch which makes a huge difference. Highly recommend the spintech's, good quality, fit and they do what they are supposed to.

#11 ·
MLN385- I understand that the Roush subframes will fit well. Just want to see if I have any other options and maybe something even stronger. I just might go with the Roush subframes. Again, nothing against Roush. Afterall I fuggin LOVE my car!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D

BMS- On the Steeda site, it says that their exhaust WON'T fit with subframes????

#12 ·
Oh, it'll fit. It just hangs ass-low. All it takes is one good dip in the road to get the pipes to scrape. It also uses the bolt holes where the stock subframes mount for the hangers for the side exhaust pieces. He just had a shop weld 'em on next to it instead. I'd have to take a pic of his car but the way that thing bolts together, the subframes cause the tips to sit at an angle rather than level with the rocker panel. It looks a little funny from the side. But with the extra clearance from these spintechs, he should be able to level the tips out and get it up tight to the body. They look sweet with the two squared tips swept back and they sound nice, they are borla's or Dynomax's I think because they growl with a little more bass and more volume. I think Steeda says they "won't" fit because they don't want people buying it and then *****ing that they had to do some custom stuff to make it work. They tried that "requires modifications to work with stock" blurb with their 4.6L fuel rails and they get all kinds of calls about them not just being a true bolt-on affair.

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.