looking at a 09 vert gt500 - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 04-04-2017, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (3)
looking at a 09 vert gt500

A local dealership has a 09 gt500 vert with 40k, its really clean. Has flowmasters, its a 6 speed. Pretty blue with a black top and black leather interior. They want $27.5K. I am very interested but I am a fox body guy and know nothing about these so just wanted some feedback

82 t-top Notch 5.0
89 LX 2.3 Turbo
86 GT Black on Black smoothed engine bay 306 AFR 165s and all the other goodies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 06-15-2017, 07:26 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
a huge step up from a fox body, I just did this myself, went from a 1988 GT to 2008 Shelby GT500. I counldn't be happier, I don't miss my fox at all ( I had the car for twenty years, went from stock to a full show car). The Shelby is such a large improvement, Way more horse power, much more comfortable, everything is better,the air conditioning the cruise, the stereo, the seats,ETC. I love the new to me car and enjoy the respect a Shelby gets.

post #3 of 5 Old 06-28-2017, 01:12 AM

Unhappy

I have one I am trying to sell that my wife wrecked

It was my first stang and I loved it after replacing the clutch with a McLeod Twin Disk.....OEM clutch sucks! Aside from that, I was really pleased with it....except for the lack of bluetooth for the stereo system that rocked it otherwise.

Mine was white with black top and black/red inlaid seats and door panels....it was 1 of 5 of that exact color scheme that was made in '09

my post to try to sell the salvage on here hasn't shown up yet, asking $8500 for it, drivetrain, interior, glass, top, and some body parts are still good. interior is muddy because she had the top down and hit a terribly muddy ditch.

If I were only able to commit time to doing it, I would buy a 6 cyl body and gut it and put the interior and complete drive train in it.....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5982.jpg (92.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6247.jpg (104.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5989.jpg (178.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6251.jpg (103.3 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6250.jpg (94.4 KB, 9 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-02-2017, 06:17 AM

I've owned an '88 LX 5.0, '98 GT, '02 GT, '08 Bullitt, '14 GT Track Pack, and now my '09 GT500, and loved them all.

The Bullitt has been my fave of all, but the GT500 comes damn close. I like the attention it brings from onlookers who know what it is- the knowing nods, the thumbs up, the smiles & looks of envy. If you're going to buy a GT500, you better be ready for that.

Technically, my '14 GT/TP was a superior car in every aspect- performance, build quality, etc.- but it lacked what I call 'character' or personality. The GT500 has that in abundance and is a damn fun car to own/drive. For that matter, mine is a daily driver, no garage queen. Take it easy on that right pedal and enjoy her.

Good luck w/your decision.
Lee
post #5 of 5 Old 07-06-2017, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letricdoc View Post
I have one I am trying to sell that my wife wrecked

It was my first stang and I loved it after replacing the clutch with a McLeod Twin Disk.....OEM clutch sucks! Aside from that, I was really pleased with it....except for the lack of bluetooth for the stereo system that rocked it otherwise.

Mine was white with black top and black/red inlaid seats and door panels....it was 1 of 5 of that exact color scheme that was made in '09

my post to try to sell the salvage on here hasn't shown up yet, asking $8500 for it, drivetrain, interior, glass, top, and some body parts are still good. interior is muddy because she had the top down and hit a terribly muddy ditch.

If I were only able to commit time to doing it, I would buy a 6 cyl body and gut it and put the interior and complete drive train in it.....
Wow what a wreck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement