What do you guys think? Electronics and Recaros - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 09-04-2012, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
What do you guys think? Electronics and Recaros

I have the option of picking up a new Shelby now (not to my exact specifications though) it does not have the electronic package or the Recaro seats (everything else is as I want it..black/black stripes, 821A) or I could just wait for my order to come in (going to be a while). What do you guys think? How nice (or not nice) are the electronic package and Recaro seats? I am not going to open track this car (only drag it on occasion)..and it will mostly be my Friday-Sunday car. Also not going to do any extended traveling (probably at most traveling between the Bay area and Southern CA for car shows..). Anyways...on the fence with this one..any opinions will be appreciated

Last edited by CobramanPhil; 09-04-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 09-20-2012, 10:38 AM

My opinion, stop being a douche-bag. Either get the one you want, or get the one available. Don't come here to complain that you might have to wait a bit for EXACTLY what you want.

post #3 of 7 Old 09-20-2012, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakbytn2007 View Post
My opinion, stop being a douche-bag. Either get the one you want, or get the one available. Don't come here to complain that you might have to wait a bit for EXACTLY what you want.
My question was basically what everyone thought of the recaros and the electronic package. I am not complaining, but wanted opinions on those two options so I could make an educated choice in the matter. I just wanted the member's opinions on whether or not those items were considered crucial with the stated conditions that I am going to use this car for.

I've been here a while ("coming on here" for the last 13 years), but have never been called a douche-bag before..a subject item I know very little about, but apparently you're an expert at it and know all about that feminine hygiene stuff.

Last edited by CobramanPhil; 09-21-2012 at 03:57 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 09-22-2012, 10:11 AM

Trader Feedback: (12)
phil, the recaros are a necessity. you will be sliding around in the stock seats. the electronics is a luxury. very nice but would not be necessary, IMO.

'89 lx hatch 37k miles, dart based 347 with a little turbo coming. 750rwhp pump gas and hydraulic roller. MM&FF aug '11.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-12-2012, 11:47 PM

Do not settle...wait for the one you want...the Recaros and Electronic package options are both very nice and makes the ride just that much more enjoyable! In the long run you'll regret skipping any options you originally desired, IMO!

PS. I would also highly recommend the Perf Package as well!

'92 LX Conv't - #eternalrollerstatus
'00 Saleen S281SC Sunburst Gold Metallic
'12 GT500 PP - Place Holder for an '18
post #6 of 7 Old 11-12-2012, 10:28 AM

Trader Feedback: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakbytn2007 View Post
Pretty big words for a member that only has 5 posts. How about you stop being a "douche-bag" and go flame somewhere where else... now that its legal and all..

To the OP: If you plan on reselling at a later date, the more options the better. I personally am too tall for the Recaro seat option so, while I like them... they dont work for me. Electronics packages in cars like this mean little to me as well as more options generally add weight.

If you dont care about the two options missing, go forward and dont look back (assuming you'll be happy with it in the long run). You can always swap in recaro seats... but they'll never be "original" to the car.

1993 Mustang GT
Maximum Motorsports, Brembo, Recaro, Etc.
post #7 of 7 Old 11-12-2012, 01:24 PM Thread Starter

Thanks all...I have since received my car last month with the recaros and the electronics package and to me they are both worth it. The recaros are way better then the "slider" cobra seats in my previous cobra and do have openings at the top of the seats for a decent harness

The electronics...well..after a couple of weeks they have become worth it to me. I like the navigation..plus I like how it can pull music from my phone via bluetooth without actually having to wire in (you still can and it does have the manual connections for an iPhone or whatever which doubles as charger as well).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement