2010 GT500 cam install ?'s - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 10-21-2011, 01:33 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (14)
2010 GT500 cam install ?'s

ok guys im about to start doing cams and springs on my buddies 2010 GT500. i know the motor has to come out throught the bottom to make it easiest to work on. im a little leary of the spring though>>> have you guys done this and what spring tool did you use? any tips?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-24-2011, 09:33 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
We have a Universal spring compressor that works great on all the modular applications,
Matco part number MST9140A, there are tons of different companys that make that same tool, so I'm sure you would be able to find one from a different manufacture. Then just use compressed air in the cylinder to keep the valves from dropping.

Hope that helps

PLEASE EMAIL --->

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

visit us on facebook for updates and projects here in the shop

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

815-669-RACE (7223) <--- Sales

Please visit our e-store --->
<---

Top 5 Vortech dealer!

We stock many parts! If you dont see it, just ask!

Before you buy ANY mustang part, give us a chance.
We accept mastercard and visa.
Authorized SCT, AEM, Diablosport, Vortech,
Paxton, BS3, FAST, UPR, PA Racing, Harland Sharp, Team Z, GMS,
Trickflow, Kooks, and MANY MORE!

post #3 of 4 Old 12-05-2011, 03:18 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
Evolution performance hooked me up with my cams and springs..

Heres a vid i took a little while back if you're interested in hearing the cams..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7oL...e_gdata_player.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using AutoGuide App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 12-06-2011, 11:31 AM
authorized corral.net advertisers

Trader Feedback: (59)
The Springs can be installed in the car, it is more difficult but can be done, a good spring compressor such as those listed above will be needed if the heads are staying on the car. It is important to bring each piston to TDC on the cylinder that you are working on, this will prevent the valve from falling into the chamber.

Also for others looking to do cams springs we offer a wide range of cam choice with the best valve spring package available for the GT 500 which can be found here :

Products » 1996-2011 DOHC / COBRA/ GT500 Mustang Parts » MMR » PN#400227 MMR/Manley GT500 / Ford GT Cylinder Valve Spring kit

Here are some pics of a recent cam install with the motor still in the car:

1-877-MOD-POWR
Precision Engineered Modular Engines and Components,
,5 speed Record [email protected]

RANKED TOP TEN MUSTANGS OF 2011 by MM&FF Magazine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement