Seats or Electronics, that is the question... - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 Old 08-22-2011, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Seats or Electronics, that is the question...

The GT500 has been on my "want list" since it hit the market. Been through 9 or so Mustangs in my life and I'm ready to come back into the fold. There are a lot of GT500's ('11's and '12's) sitting dealer lots right now, so it looks like the time to buy.

I've found two '12 convertibles nearby, identical in color and options (SVTPP and a car cover) with one exception, one has Recaro's, the other has Electronics/Nav

Any advice on which way to go? Anybody out there with feedback on the seats? Anybody have both in a car? Do I really care about dual-zone climate in such a small car with a cloth roof?

Thanks!

'10 Plum Crazy SRT8 Challenger
'09 Wrangler Rubicon
'12 Mustang - perhaps....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-30-2011, 11:41 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
i would rock the seats man. the electronics you may end up not liking something about them and swaping them out for something better that will ironicly probably cost less to you overall than what buying the one with all the electronics in it already. most of all test drive both. which ever you like the most for whatever reason, no matter how dumb people tell you it is, go with that. youre spending your hard earned money on it, not anyone else.
btw con about the recaro, it may hurt your back or your butt if youre driving for extended periods of time.

post #3 of 4 Old 09-04-2011, 08:30 AM

Trader Feedback: (11)
Electronics package!
If you really want the seats you can get the later on. The electronics package is harder to get and install after the purchase.
You will not regret the e-package. Got one in my 2010 GT500 and love it.

To fly is Heavenly, to hover is divine.
Don't let your mouth write a check your a$$ can't cash.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 09-04-2011, 12:09 PM

Trader Feedback: (88)
Well a lot of it may depend on how you are going to use the car, if you are going to drive it daily or log a lot of miles you may want the electronics package. I got my 12 as a base car due to the fact it will only get about 1500 miles a year so for me the base car is a good value but if you plan to take long trips or drive it year round you may want a few more opitions. The base car has everything you need for a nice weekend drive.

2013 GT500 SGM \Black Stripe.
2003 Cobra Redfire
1986 GT 408W C4 T-Top Factory Paint
2013 Ram 2500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement