816 RWHP 2007 Shelby GT500 VMP 2.3L TVS - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 01-04-2011, 11:30 PM Thread Starter
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (1)
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: DeBary, Central FL
Posts: 1,192
816 RWHP 2007 Shelby GT500 VMP 2.3L TVS

I finally popped one of my new VMP TVS blowers onto my personal 2007 Red/Silver GT500 and got it on my Dynojet 224xLC. I wanted to swap on a new 15% OD Innovators West lower but did not have time.

My car has a VMP TVS with 2.5" upper, CNC port matched VMP high-flow inlet elbow, VMP 72 TB, 123mm maf, 80lb injectors, 1 7/8 Dynatech LTs, and comp stage 2 cams. Bottom end and heads are stock. I'm running C16 but only going to 24deg on the timing.

We're having some coolish Florida weather this week but nothing like the 50* days from a few weeks ago.

I was expecting over 800, just not this far over 800.





The little 2.3L TVS keeps on going and going to 6500RPM with no sign of HP or boost drop off. My car is down 2-3psi at high RPM due to the cams, you can see it peaks around 21psi in the mid range and drops off to 18psi up top. I'm not making all this power with brute force and boost like some of the big blowers, but rather airflow and efficiency. When we did the cam swap for the December issue of MM&FF the car picked up around 40rwhp peak when compared to similar conditions. I would expect a car with the VMP TVS and similar mods to mine (lower, TB, LTs, race gas) except the cams to still make high side of 700RWHP.

This graph shows downstream air temp during a loaded dyno pull, there is not more than a 10deg spread.



I can't wait to install the 15% OD lower.

I ran the FRPP TVS for 3 years before having my own TVS manufactured. I'm mainly showing the below graph to demonstrate that the TVS keeps on going when pullied for more more boost (VMP TVS exclusively has 2.5 pulley, FRPP TVS is limited to a 2.6 pulley). The main point is the shape of the graph (it's higher at all points, even above 6k), not necessarily the difference since the FRPP TVS run was done back in the summer when it was very hot.




Justin Starkey
2011 Mustang GT 5.0 with Roushcharger [email protected] wife's car
2007 Shelby GT500 805RWHP/765RWTQ VMP TVS Blower
2006 F250 6.0L - [email protected]
2000 Mustang 3.8 A4 TT 450RWHP/[email protected] & [email protected] 1.7 [email protected] stock motor
2006 Mustang 4.0 M5 Vortech 15psi 395RWHP [email protected] wife's car
2006 Jeep GC SRT8 family car

Last edited by [email protected]; 01-11-2011 at 12:37 PM. Reason: Video not authorized
Justin00V6Auto is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 Old 01-05-2011, 06:45 PM
Administrator
 
Greg@GLD's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (4)
Join Date: Jan 1996
Location: Corral Control Center
Posts: 53,573
Garage
Extremely impressive results Justin!!! WOW...!
I can't do anything with mine until the spring thaw. When I install my VMP TVS I will post my impressions/results.



In Loving Memory of Dave Bandt
11/19/69-3/23/08



1990 Mustang GT Ragtop
1992 Mustang GT Vortech Supercharged
1994 Mustang Cobra Vortech Supercharged
1995 Mustang GTS
1995 Mustang GT Ragtop
1995 Lightning 427 Windsor Procharger F2
2019 F150 3.5 Eco
post #3 of 13 Old 01-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Corral Elite Member
 
mhinchley's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (44)
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: South Bend, IN
Posts: 2,913
Nice. I had read rave reviews of that blower when in the Grand Prix world. Everyone was trying to figure out how to mod one to work on the 3.8s. I left before anyone had done it, but I see what all the hype was for.

03 Whippled E85 Cobra Vert & 00 ZX12R
4r70w swap in progress 9-1-14

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
mhinchley is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 13 Old 01-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (1)
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: iowa
Posts: 3,426
Wow justin that is hugely impressive, how much power can the stock parts handle?

I don't care if you lick windows or take the special bus.... you hang in there sunshine, you're special..

2010 Black GT, Blown Lowered Controlled, 2010 season: 1 best of show, 5 firsts, 2 seconds. Best autocross time 1:27.
real horses is offline  
post #5 of 13 Old 01-15-2011, 04:00 PM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (1)
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 36
That's sick
JWakebrd491 is offline  
post #6 of 13 Old 01-17-2011, 10:28 AM
Registered User
 
96blacksvt's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (18)
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 778
Blog Entries: 1
what is the difference between the vmp tvs and the ford racing tvs besides the pulley difference?

96 cobra new build in progress for 650whp!
06 bmw 325i- daily driver/ grocery getter
08 Sport Track ADRENALIN 3 VALVE 4.6 mods coming soon!
96blacksvt is offline  
post #7 of 13 Old 01-17-2011, 12:05 PM
Administrator
 
Greg@GLD's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (4)
Join Date: Jan 1996
Location: Corral Control Center
Posts: 53,573
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96blacksvt View Post
what is the difference between the vmp tvs and the ford racing tvs besides the pulley difference?
The blower outlet is ported and the unit comes with a ported elbow. The snout is also machined to accept a 2.50 pulley.


In Loving Memory of Dave Bandt
11/19/69-3/23/08



1990 Mustang GT Ragtop
1992 Mustang GT Vortech Supercharged
1994 Mustang Cobra Vortech Supercharged
1995 Mustang GTS
1995 Mustang GT Ragtop
1995 Lightning 427 Windsor Procharger F2
2019 F150 3.5 Eco
post #8 of 13 Old 01-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Registered User
 
pkstang's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (161)
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Marlborough, MA
Posts: 7,488
any vids of this beast?

'90 notch w/an "old school" cartech outlaw kit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


When The Results Disagree With The Theory: Believe The Results And Invent A New Theory
pkstang is offline  
post #9 of 13 Old 04-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Registered User
 
2 cam sam's Avatar
 
Trader Feedback: (6)
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Knoxville, Tn.
Posts: 1,704
Sounds like a beast ! The more Gt500's I see the more I want one.

1993 Cobra
2004 Mach AB Cammed and nitrous
2008 Gt stock
1983 Mustang L 351 w
2 cam sam is offline  
post #10 of 13 Old 09-15-2012, 08:22 AM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (2)
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Selma,nc
Posts: 1,151
vmp charger ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin00V6Auto View Post
I finally popped one of my new VMP TVS blowers onto my personal 2007 Red/Silver GT500 and got it on my Dynojet 224xLC. I wanted to swap on a new 15% OD Innovators West lower but did not have time.

My car has a VMP TVS with 2.5" upper, CNC port matched VMP high-flow inlet elbow, VMP 72 TB, 123mm maf, 80lb injectors, 1 7/8 Dynatech LTs, and comp stage 2 cams. Bottom end and heads are stock. I'm running C16 but only going to 24deg on the timing.

We're having some coolish Florida weather this week but nothing like the 50* days from a few weeks ago.

I was expecting over 800, just not this far over 800.





The little 2.3L TVS keeps on going and going to 6500RPM with no sign of HP or boost drop off. My car is down 2-3psi at high RPM due to the cams, you can see it peaks around 21psi in the mid range and drops off to 18psi up top. I'm not making all this power with brute force and boost like some of the big blowers, but rather airflow and efficiency. When we did the cam swap for the December issue of MM&FF the car picked up around 40rwhp peak when compared to similar conditions. I would expect a car with the VMP TVS and similar mods to mine (lower, TB, LTs, race gas) except the cams to still make high side of 700RWHP.

This graph shows downstream air temp during a loaded dyno pull, there is not more than a 10deg spread.



I can't wait to install the 15% OD lower.

I ran the FRPP TVS for 3 years before having my own TVS manufactured. I'm mainly showing the below graph to demonstrate that the TVS keeps on going when pullied for more more boost (VMP TVS exclusively has 2.5 pulley, FRPP TVS is limited to a 2.6 pulley). The main point is the shape of the graph (it's higher at all points, even above 6k), not necessarily the difference since the FRPP TVS run was done back in the summer when it was very hot.

I see all the info you've loaded and i've been looking it over. My question is one if the you had continued to pull to 7k would it flatten out or would it still be rising? Also i take it you're still at stock compression.So if your car had a 10 flat CPR with that same setup wouldn't you be able to squeeze more out of it seeing you were already using c16 and this would allow you to run lower boost to reach it not to mention increase overal power? what does the normal VMP TVS gt500 Peak rwhp rpm occur at?
Thanks
Joel and sorry for asking so many questions


97 cobra
Mach1 Engine Swap,4.56s,JLT CAI,T/A cover,FoMoCo Aluminum Driveshaft,Fidanza Aluminum flywheel,bbk longtubes w/ h-pipe,hp lc arms,Fluidyne Rad,pro-5.0 shifter,Spec clutch,ford31spline traclok,moser axles,04 Chrome cobra rims,275/40 BF Gforce KD ,Smoked headlights, Mach 1 pedals,03 cobra style shifter, QA1 coilovers,SCT Tuned 311rwhp/328rwtq .......looking for the next step
97svtsnake is offline  
post #11 of 13 Old 09-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (0)
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97svtsnake View Post
I see all the info you've loaded and i've been looking it over. My question is one if the you had continued to pull to 7k would it flatten out or would it still be rising? Also i take it you're still at stock compression.So if your car had a 10 flat CPR with that same setup wouldn't you be able to squeeze more out of it seeing you were already using c16 and this would allow you to run lower boost to reach it not to mention increase overal power? what does the normal VMP TVS gt500 Peak rwhp rpm occur at?
Thanks
Joel and sorry for asking so many questions
This, and also, what would your 'kit' cost, versus a Kenne Belle 3.6 or 4L? I just picked up an '07 GT500, and will be looking to upgrade it with a bigger, more efficient blower. I'd prefer to keep the stock hood, but wouldn't say I'm against that change if need be.
Snakbytn2007 is offline  
post #12 of 13 Old 11-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (2)
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Selma,nc
Posts: 1,151
tvs question

Does the vmp tvs for the gt500 have the same size inlet as the cobra version? i'm build a custom setup so including lower intake and IC so i was just wondering?

97 cobra
Mach1 Engine Swap,4.56s,JLT CAI,T/A cover,FoMoCo Aluminum Driveshaft,Fidanza Aluminum flywheel,bbk longtubes w/ h-pipe,hp lc arms,Fluidyne Rad,pro-5.0 shifter,Spec clutch,ford31spline traclok,moser axles,04 Chrome cobra rims,275/40 BF Gforce KD ,Smoked headlights, Mach 1 pedals,03 cobra style shifter, QA1 coilovers,SCT Tuned 311rwhp/328rwtq .......looking for the next step
97svtsnake is offline  
post #13 of 13 Old 11-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Registered User
 
Trader Feedback: (3)
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: TX
Posts: 265
Awesome!

What are you using for fuel delivery?
Carlos C is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome