Ford Mustang Forums banner

Why this forum is here....

13K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  RUSHTK 
#1 ·
The purpose of this forum is to discuss ways to get better fuel economy with your car. With the price of gas pushing well into the $4.00 range for premium fuel getting the most miles per gallon is starting to become very important. If your Mustang is your daily driver then you're probably going to feel the crunch the most.

This forum is dedicated to helping to find ways to take what you already have and make it get better mileage. Share your tips for driving habits, aerodynamic improvements, engine tuning secrets, etc., to help get the most fuel economy possible. Of course if you can do this and still have decent performance then you've got the best of both worlds. Performance and fuel economy aren't necessarily mutually exclusive, or are they?

Emissions is not the focus of this forum, (although you really shouldn't be running around without catalyic converters) and sometimes leaning out the mixture can actually hurt emissions performance.

#2 ·
I think its a great idea. Never hurts to have more information in one area to share.

#4 ·
Kind of makes me wonder if David Vizard's softcover book "Performance With Economy" is either still in print, or better yet, updated to suit today's powertrain technology. A lot of the old stuff should still be good, but there's so much more now . . .

Norm

Reactions: pcmenten
#7 ·
I agree with the posters comments above -- I've prided myself on building a car that stops, handles and accelerates well AND gets decent fuel economy. I'd like to talk about it with others. However -- based on the number of posts so far in various threads, I'm afraid Chris might have to re-title this thread "Why is this forum here?" ;)

#10 ·
This is a really great innovation. Previously we just had the idea of green construction and replacing the fuel with electrically driven vehicles. But now comes the green vehicles itself. If this project can be driven to reality, then it indeed has the potential of creating a completely pollution free world. I have also chosen this topic for writing my paper and hope that taking help from this forum, I will be bale to do justice with my paper.

#13 ·
I am about to purchase my 1st Mustang, a 95 manual GT convertible. This will also be my 1st ford. I would like to make the vehicle updated to help with the highway and city miles that will be put upon it. I have injuries from Iraq and would like a comfortable ride on those long hauls but I would also like to be more than .09 seconds faster than my daughters saturn vue with the honda Vteck in it. I have been reading posts on here about what works and what does not and not much hard proof. I have a 05 Dodge Magnum AWD RT 5.7 Hemi and yes it is an Aircraft Carrier but the forum we have (LXFORUMS.com) the members on there would go to race tracks, air strips, dyno shops and test products and were able to show for each motor in it's model vehicle what worked best. Is there something like that on here? We would donate funds to the guys doing the testing to help out. I have seen some beautiful 94/95's on this site and that made me pull the trigger for the purchase. Thank you for this thread and I hope everyone keeps sharing their knowledge!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.