Ford Mustang Forums banner

EPAS Performance electric steering??

9K views 29 replies 12 participants last post by  pkstang 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I've got so much $$$$ in the car now, what's another couple of grand. I'm just tired of the crappy power steering whine.

#6 ·
I have no experience with that kit, but owning a newer Ford with an EPAS rack and having dealt with some out-of-warranty issues with it...i wouldn't want to put an EPAS in any car i own if i could avoid it.

Reactions: Shakerhood
#7 ·
#9 ·
I had read years ago about a guy doing a Saginaw pump swap, but it never seemed to become a popular mod. With a plug and play bracket the only obstacle is the pressure hose. Does the Saginaw pumps use the same size fitting as the Ford pumps?

#10 ·
Borgeson makes the proper an- fitting/pressure reducer for the pump and an- fittings for the rack can be had from MM or LMR.
After 3 noisy Ford pumps I made the swap a few years ago.

#12 ·
I haven't looked at Borgeson, I was looking at Turn One Steering. I knew MM had the fittings, great company!! I run all their stuff for a fox under my car but the panhard bar. Thanks for info

#14 ·
I wish I've heard more reviews on it and just not sure it's the way to go. Talked to MM and they said they heard mixed reviews. Don't mind spending the money, just don't want to make the wrong decision.

#23 ·
i will give you another reason... lmr sells lot of chineese made junk

years back you could somewhat count on the quality of their products but recently its f**ken junk (few examples being window motors and lucks from those guys, and they don't stand behind s**t)

#25 ·
You can buy the kit at Summit ect... And their website (EPAS.com)said made in USA and 5 year warranty?? Not sure what I want to do, won't start the project till January because it's still mountain bike season here in Ky. Just trying to get some input from you guys.

#24 ·
I recently saw a post about this on Instagram. I believe I saw it mentioned that it uses Prius parts. I didn't really look into it any further but I know price wise it's a less expensive option...

#26 ·
I will look into this option also. Would save some money, doing the Flaming River manual rack if I go electric. Thanks

#28 ·
Wide ratio manual rack...done. Don't do the close ratio one, too much effort. The wide ratio is an easy steering effort rack. Unless you are stationary, then it is a mild effort rack. 4.0 turns lock to lock. Also a ton cheaper. Less stuff to go wrong later ect ect.

#29 ·
Valvo S40 electric power steering pump to factory rack. I do it in fox bodies and for hydoboost as well with coyote swaps. Just dont sit at full lock without a controller. No can bus control will run the pump at around 75% all the time. Its a good cheap solution. I hate manual racks...

#30 ·
sorry but what do you use to control thew pump and what year S40 is the pump from?

how's the steering feel compared to fox?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.