88 S/D to MAF Conversion, am I on right track ? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 Old 10-12-2012, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
Smile 88 S/D to MAF Conversion, am I on right track ?

Hello, I have a untouched 88 auto I am in the process of collecting pieces for a maf swap to compliment a gt40p head, intake and aftermarket cam install this winter, I have done some exhaustive reading on this subject here and a few other places and am really looking for other 88 guys to chime in, I have the complete air intake from air box to TB elbow including stock MAF sensor and harness and a A9P ECM along with the great tech page here on corral for the swap, My main concern is since I have the S/D harness and obviously S/D O2 harness do I need to make any changes to it to ensure I don't fry my ECM and still have the ability to pull codes etc, 2nd since I'm going with gt40p heads I'm losing the external egr and thermactor tubes from this set up so the egr and smog are going to go bye bye after the top end swap but I will swap the thermactor pins now just to make sure the car runs right and doesn't go into limp mode etc, afterwards though I'm assuming with the smog pump gone and vacuum lines plugged and solenoid disabled I will just log a code ? Sorry for the long winded post but damn searching this info comes up with 50 conflicting stories, thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 10-13-2012, 01:10 AM

Trader Feedback: (12)
Install the harness and ECU. Plug the maf in, put the new 02 harness. Make sure you get an AOD 02 harness. Speed density 02 harness wont work.

Start the car let it adaptive learn.

If your worried about CEL light because you disconnected the EGR and smog then get an EGR simulator or do what most of us do, just leave it unplugged!

-87 Mustang GT Boss 363 Stroker, JE Pistons Eagle Crank-Rods, AFR 205s, TFS R Box TKO 600 PT7675 CEA Turbo, Stainless Turbo KIT
-90 Blk Mustang GT On3 Turbo Stock Block/Cam 540HP 585 TQ Mustang Dyno [email protected] 5speed
-90 Blue GT On3 Turbo Stock Block/Cam 539HP 602 TQ Mustang Dyno [email protected] 5speed
post #3 of 28 Old 10-13-2012, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomustangz View Post
Install the harness and ECU. Plug the maf in, put the new 02 harness. Make sure you get an AOD 02 harness. Speed density 02 harness wont work.

If your worried about CEL light because you disconnected the EGR and smog then get an EGR simulator or do what most of us do, just leave it unplugged!

So any AOD O2 harness from 89 to 93 will work in my 88 swap ? Anyone aftermarket these or I am gonna have to go with a used one and pay a ridiculous price for another piece lol, can the S/D harness be re-pinned ? This sucks, wish I would have bought a 89 up now lol .

Last edited by Todd400; 10-13-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 10-13-2012, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

I found your great write up on ebay guides on the swap, according to that with the 88 s/d eight pin plug on the o2 you can do a straight swap, it is very informative so i figured i would post it for anyone needing a complete explanantion on the swap and o2 issues, ill double check my plug after work but i think i have a 8 and not a 5 pin connector

FOX MUSTANG SPEED DENSITY MASS AIR HARNESS GUIDE
By: neomustangs( 655)
7 out of 7 people found this guide helpful.
Guide viewed: 645 times Tags: Mustang|Fox Body|Mass Air|Speed Density|5.0
BEFORE WE GET STARTED. PLEASE IF THE GUIDE WAS HELPFUL TO YOU AT ALL CLICK THE "YES" BUTTON BELOW AND RATE IT PLEASE. THANK YOU!!

This guide is basically written about fox body mustang harness's. The engine harness in specific. Theres a lot of sellers selling harness's and speculation out there on what harness fits what cars and what years were the right years to use on your 4cyl swap or just to repair the blown or burned up harness in your mustang. This is aimed at 87-93 cars only... 86 and 94-95 are not my foretay so i will not touch that topic at this time. I will gladly add or edit any legitamate information that someone would like to provide me. This review isnt for you to criticize or pick apart. The information i have put on this review is simply for those people that just dont know about these harness's. What one to buy, replace or use in their specific situation. I felt the need to write this review because i see a lot of these people on ebay selling parts and misrepresenting the items they have for sale. Some may do it unintentional, some may be clueless and some just plain dont care. Lets get started....

MASS AIR HARNESS'S ARE NOT CREATED EQUAL. I am not trying to tell any seller reading this how to sell on ebay or suggesting anything of the sort. But when listing your items you should know more about it and label it appropriately versus just misrepresenting a title and selling the wrong harness to the wrong person. Most likely that harness will get returned anyways so why deal with that headache or take that chance? Not all mass air harness's are created equal and you probably already know that. You should pay attention to features on your harness, or tag them what year they came out of and then store them in your bins. Labeling the harness 87-93 in your title is misleading and theres a lot of good buyers out there looking to convert or replace their harness's that may buy your harness and just be frustrated by the outcome of plugging it in and it not working. According to ebay thats your fault for "item not as described" and as of the past year ebay has hammered down on that. No one wants to pay good money for an item, wait to have it shipped only to find out it dont work with their car. Thats SUPER frustrating and as a seller you should avoid that. IMO if your parting the car out you probably already know better... One final note before we get started. IF YOUR DOING A 4CYL SWAP IN A FOX MUSTANG YOU WILL NEED TO REPLACE THE COMPUTER, THE ENGINE HARNESS AND THE FRONT HEADLIGHT HARNESS AS WELL TO PROPERLY DO THE SWAP. ALL V8 FRONT HEADLIGHT HARNESS'S SHOULD WORK JUST FINE 87-93 AS THEIR WAS NO DIFFERENCE BUT YOU SHOULD LOCATE THE PROPER HARNESS FOR WHAT YEAR YOUR CAR IS. IF YOUR 4CYL WAS A 1990, BUY A 1990 HARNESS. IF YOUR 4CYL IS A 1992 BUY A 1992 HARNESS ETC.

87-88. Lets start here. The 87 mustang fox body 5.0 cars were pure speed density cars. This is the second year of the EFI fuel injection system and the complete make over from the 86 style interior and exterior. Some features of the speed density harness is the 2 cannon plugs near brake booster. One should be gray and the other is black. What i mean by "near the brake booster" means where that part of the harness would sit if installed. Also another feature of a pure speed density harness is theres no provision for a mass air meter plug. Basically this would be located near the 02 harness cannon plug as well as the wide open throttle (WOT) AC cutoff relay. So just looking at those 2 things can pretty much tell you what kind of harness this is. Now moving on, in 1988 there threw a monkey wrench in the mix with the engine harness. Now an 88 harness will work just fine in a speed density 87 OR 88 car no problems with the DC or the DA1 speed density computers. However 1988 was the first year for emissions in California so pending on what the production date was for that 88 mustang harness depends on whether the harness got the extra plumbing provisions for the 02 harness. This will also effect rather the harness can be converted to mass air or not too. What am i talking about? 02 Harness plugs. 1987 if you look at the backside of the female 02 harness cannon plug that is found on the ENGINE HARNESS (not the 02 harness itself) you will see 5 wires. The cannon plug im talking about is the actual plug that the 02 harness PLUG INTO aka the female part. Sense 1988 was the FIRST year for the mass air harness for cars sold in CALIFORNIA only, your 1988 car can actually already be equipped with the 8 wire 02 female cannon plug found in all mass air cars but still be speed density. It will work just fine. Whats all this mean? 1987 can NOT be converted to mass air by just running the 4 wires, changing computers and moving the other 2 wires as found in many write ups. Why? Because 1987 didnt have the proper plumbing for the 02 harness signal return that the mass air computer needs. Also the 02 harness didnt have the jumper loop to provision this change found in all mass air cars. Lets put this in a situational basis. You have an 87 and wanted to convert to mass air. Well forget about it. Either buy an 88 speed density harness with the 8 wire 02 plug or buy an 89 mass air engine harness. Because all 89 5.0 cars came equipped mass air. If you wanted to convert your 88 to mass air engine harness you would have to first check to see how many wires are on your female cannon plug on the engine harness. If theres 8 you can proceed as normal. If theres 5 then forget about it. Just get an 89 mass air harness. Sure you could spend the time to plumb the other 3 02 harness wires but its more of a pain than you think. IF YOUR GOING TO CONVERT TO MASS AIR MAKE SURE YOU CHANGE THE 02 HARNESS WITH THE ENGINE HARNESS AS WELL. JUST RUNNING 4 WIRES AND A METER ISNT EVEN THE HALF OF IT. CONFUSED YET? LOL

The 1989 Mass Air Harness. Simply put, in 1989 all 5.0 cars were converted to mass air harness. This was the same exact harness that could be easily used in 1987 and 1988 cars with no issues. This can NOT BE USED in any cars past 1989. Just 87-89 ONLY. Its simple to identify. Of course it had the natural gray and black cannon plugs near the brake booster. It has the oval mass air plug near the WOT AC cut off relay and 02 harness female connector found on the the passenger side inner fender skirt apron. It also has the 8 pin female 02 harness plug and now came with the jumper looped 02 harness for that specific transmission signal return. Whats a signal return? Well its just that, its a jumper loop monitor wire that is solid purple with a yellow stripe on it. If you take your 02 harness apart from the engine harness and peel it back about 2 inches you will see it will "loop" back to the cannon plug and return to the ECU that way. Not having the proper 02 harness for the ECU thats installed and specific transmission in the car can lead to BIG problems with the ECU including frying a trace inside the ECU. It will also be a TUNING NIGHTMARE as most tuners wont even get the 02 harness to communicate with their tuner programs, data log or anything.

The 1990 Mass Air Harness. Well this year started some big changes to the fox mustang. We are lucky to even have 1990-1993 fox mustang as they were almost replaced by the failure of a car the FORD PROBE. So naturally they did some changes to the cars interior. The exterior pretty much was identical but the engine harness were NOT. 1990 engine harness started the provision for the air bags. So they moved some wires in those two cannon plugs near the brake booster. The gray and black plugs that are found in 87-89's that we spoke of previously. So with that being said, this will only work in 1990's mustangs exclusively. It will NOT work in 87-89 or 91-93. What a pain in the arse right? Well at least im taking the time to write this for you, so you can only blame yourself when you buy the wrong harness and see it not work right. It will also plug and play with all 4cyl swap cars that were equipped with 1990 original equipment ie the dash harness ETC.

The 1991 Mass Air Harness. Well guess what folks, they changed the harness AGAIN!!!!!!!!!! Yep, 1991 will ONLY WORK WITH 1991. Whats the biggest feature differences in 1991 compared to the others? Easy. Remember that gray and black 8 pin cannon plugs near the brake booster? Theres only 1 plug there now. And its brown. The black plug moved to the ECU side of the harness, it can be found down near the ECU. Also as the 89 and 90 had in their harness's, of course the 91 had the oval mass air plug on the passenger side fender apron. The big brown cannon plug found near the brake booster was the same in 92 and 93 as well. However how would i tell the difference between 91, 92 and 93 then? Easy again... and i will get to it. Basically if you have a mustang engine harness that has 1 big brown plug near the brake booster and black plug near ECU then its either 91-93. Now to tell the difference between the 91, 92 and 93 go look at the passenger side fender apron part of the harness. In 1991 there will only be the oval mass air plug, the WOT AC shut off relay, the white cannon plug for air bag passenger side and finally the large 8 pin 02 female connector for the 02 harness. Thats all..... if theres an extra relay there... its not a 1991 harness..... moving on..

The 1992-1993 Mass Air Harness. Well finally got to the end of the line. Simply put 1992 and 1993 harness' will work together no problems. None of the previous harness's will work at all. The reason being is because of one major change in the harness and car itself. Basically the 1992 and 1993 harness's are the same as the 1991 harness with one added feature. The passenger side apron of the harness got ANOTHER relay. This is the fuel pump relay. So how do you tell if you have a 92-93 harness? Just look at the passenger side apron and you should have the following: Oval mass air plug, white cannon plug (4 pin) for air bag, Large 8 pin female connector for 02 harness, WOT AC shut off relay, and finally the new provision being the fuel pump relay itself was moved here too... Usually has a "white" cap on the relay. So the plug isnt all black like the AC shut off relay. 91 was the last year they had fuel pump relays under the drivers seat. They were moved to this location in all the engine harness's 92-93.

Guide ID: 10000000175794707Guide created: 06/17/12 (updated 10/12/12)

Last edited by Todd400; 10-13-2012 at 01:07 PM.
post #5 of 28 Old 10-13-2012, 03:00 PM

Trader Feedback: (19)
Garage
So, I just happened to stumble onto this thread. I was told by the previous owner my car had been converted to mass air. (its an 88) but after this thread I started wondering.

I looked at my connectors, and on the gray plug, I have 8 wires on the male end, 5 wires on the female end with 3 empty pins.

On the black plug, I have 8 wires on the male end, 4 wires on the female end with 1 empty pin.

So, does this mean that, in my application, the mass air is nothing more than an air restriction at this point? I unplugged it with it running out of curiosity, and it made absolutely no difference whatsoever.

Car has a Granatelli mass air harness soldered into an A9L computer.
post #6 of 28 Old 10-13-2012, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Well looking at mine the male end has 8 pins and the female side has 7 wires on the back side and the 8th slot is not pinned at all, that portion is just empty with no hole lol, so kinda scratching my head here lol
post #7 of 28 Old 10-13-2012, 04:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd400 View Post
Well looking at mine the male end has 8 pins and the female side has 7 wires on the back side and the 8th slot is not pinned at all, that portion is just empty with no hole lol, so kinda scratching my head here lol

Sounds to me like you're good to go. Sounds to me like my mass air meter is doing absofreakinglutely nothing?

This is the kind of crap that makes my wish I had my carbed 5.0 back.
post #8 of 28 Old 10-13-2012, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

I would think if yours is wired right unplugging it would result in a poor idle, maybe check out the tech article here on corral and check all of your connections at the ecm ? If i werent deep in parts on this build i would have went carb my self lol, too late now im all in, my ecm should be here wed or so and im gonna tackle it next weekend, hopefully have some good results to post
post #9 of 28 Old 10-13-2012, 11:28 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
SO WAIT A MINUTE HERE.......

I converted my 88 a couple years back, got the instructions from here or Stangnet.

Re-pined everything, added the jumper for the fuel pump relay, all went well and the car runs good. Has never thrown a code related to the O2's....

Am I reading that It wasn't a complete job? Do I need to find an 02 harness now? Why wouldn't I be getting 02 related codes if those weren't comunicating correctly?

88 Hatch, Mass air converted, Stock Block 302, Ported GT40P's, Matched Explorer Intake, 65 MM TB, 77mm MAF, 30lb, Custom Cam, BBK LT's with X-Pipe. T-5, 373's, Tuned by dirtydirtyracing...........
post #10 of 28 Old 10-13-2012, 11:47 PM

He's the one on the right.

post #11 of 28 Old 10-14-2012, 11:53 AM

Garage
I plugged my code scanner into my port under the hood yesterday to see if I could get some codes. It was kind of weird what it spit out. I need to read the book that came with the scanner and sit down and do it step by step to see what I can come up with.

Ugh.
post #12 of 28 Old 10-14-2012, 02:14 PM

Garage
Quote:
I would think if yours is wired right unplugging it would result in a poor idle, maybe check out the tech article here on corral and check all of your connections at the ecm ? If i werent deep in parts on this build i would have went carb my self lol, too late now im all in, my ecm should be here wed or so and im gonna tackle it next weekend, hopefully have some good results to post

I do 12v electrical for a living, so its def. something I can figure out. Its just the point that I'm getting tired of going over stuff on this freaking car, lol.

I think I've put a total of 250 miles on it since I bought it in June. Although, the thing only has 69k miles, so its a good base to start out with. Just getting burned out on it for now, that's all.

But yeah, from the past I can always remember these cars either running like ish, or stalling all together when the MAF was un-plugged. So something has to be up. I guess what I'll prob. do is print out some directions on the conversion and go over it like I'm starting it from scratch and see what I come up with.

What's weird, I do have a check engine light, which is an optional hook up from what I've read, so it seems that the previous owner took the extra steps in doing it right, so that seems odd to me.

I got my AC working and my 3G alt. upgrade is kicking butt, so now I guess I can focus on this. My cruise doesn't work either, I'm wondering if its related to this somehow...
post #13 of 28 Old 10-14-2012, 04:23 PM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (139)
Garage
88 mas air harness

Hey Todd400 Thanks for the info.

I also have an 88 gt I converted to mass-air a few years ago with an evil bay kit. I pushed out the big rubber boot to get the wires through the fire wall. looks terrible, lol

now I have the enigne out, and gonna swap harness's and tuck the wires , clean it up a little .

I bought a mass-air harness a few years ago, and I ws trying to figure out what year it was from,, I think you answered my question

it has the Grey and Black cannon plugs by the booster, and its got the a/c WOT and the 8 pin connector for the 02's, and the oval mass-air plug. but no air-bag conn.

sounds about right to me.I'm in the process of tearing everything out , Thanks for the info

Rick

88 hatch 427 Dart FordStrokers,Tmoss ported SuperVic, Hi-Port 225's , Freezy custom cam, Pro-M engine management system with cnp,
Aero fuel pump wiring, alt upgraded wiring, Flex-a-Lite 52185 radiator/fan combo, T56 Magnum kit , built 8.8 rear-end 3:73 with 31 spline axles welded 03 Cobra center section.
might be ready to dyno and run it by next summer of 2017,LoL I hope!!
March 2018 new 2018 F150 super cab "Blue Lightning" 2.7 Twin turbo'd 10 speed automatic
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #14 of 28 Old 10-14-2012, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Just the messenger, ive wasted quite a few hours googling the swap and man are there about 500 different opinions and answers lol, i think the info i posted above is about as good as it gets hopefully fox88 there is a connection not soldered or landed correctly !
post #15 of 28 Old 10-14-2012, 07:21 PM

Trader Feedback: (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffs88 View Post
SO WAIT A MINUTE HERE.......

I converted my 88 a couple years back, got the instructions from here or Stangnet.

Re-pined everything, added the jumper for the fuel pump relay, all went well and the car runs good. Has never thrown a code related to the O2's....

Am I reading that It wasn't a complete job? Do I need to find an 02 harness now? Why wouldn't I be getting 02 related codes if those weren't comunicating correctly?
You are fine, no need to change the 02 harness.

89 Coupe: POS
Tuner: QuarterHorse, BE & EA, AEM Wideband
post #16 of 28 Old 10-14-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomustangz View Post

Only time the 02 harness needs to be changed is if the ECM harness is changed to a MAF harness. All the SD harness does differently is not route PIN 30 through the 02 harness. Mainly because the both manual and auto SD setups use the same PIN 30 layout. So the Speed Density 02 harness works just fine as long as its used with a Speed Density ECM harness.

post #17 of 28 Old 10-14-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljoe07 View Post
You are fine, no need to change the 02 harness.
Thank you sir. That's good news...........

88 Hatch, Mass air converted, Stock Block 302, Ported GT40P's, Matched Explorer Intake, 65 MM TB, 77mm MAF, 30lb, Custom Cam, BBK LT's with X-Pipe. T-5, 373's, Tuned by dirtydirtyracing...........
post #18 of 28 Old 10-14-2012, 10:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Only time the 02 harness needs to be changed is if the ECM harness is changed to a MAF harness. All the SD harness does differently is not route PIN 30 through the 02 harness. Mainly because the both manual and auto SD setups use the same PIN 30 layout. So the Speed Density 02 harness works just fine as long as its used with a Speed Density ECM harness.

Hells yeah
post #19 of 28 Old 10-16-2012, 12:27 PM

Garage
I might take mine apart tonight (the GF is back at school for a couple days) and, I'm thinking after taking a quick peek, that the 2 wires from the drivers kick and the one under the seat, were never installed.

Sooooooooo, where do I find the EEC-IV pins for this thing?
post #20 of 28 Old 10-16-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox88 View Post
I might take mine apart tonight (the GF is back at school for a couple days) and, I'm thinking after taking a quick peek, that the 2 wires from the drivers kick and the one under the seat, were never installed.

Sooooooooo, where do I find the EEC-IV pins for this thing?

Rjminjectiontech.com

I don't see how you wouldn't notice a maf sensor wasn't working. Specially if you have a mass air ecm.

post #21 of 28 Old 10-16-2012, 01:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Rjminjectiontech.com

I don't see how you wouldn't notice a maf sensor wasn't working. Specially if you have a mass air ecm.

I didn't install it. Previous owner did. All I've done is check to see which comp. is in the car (A9L) and the car runs exactly the same regardless of whether the MAF is plugged in or not.

That's why I'm thinking something wasn't done correctly.

Not a big deal, I'll figure it out.
post #22 of 28 Old 10-16-2012, 04:31 PM

Garage
Well I got slow this afternoon, so I went home and grabbed my car. Pulled the comp. out and all is good inside. The 4 wires for the MAF were a nice combo of butt connectors and Scotch locks, lol. So I soldered those up, and moved onto the thermactor pump wires. These 2 wires were never relocated, so I got this done. Also, the other 3 wires from the drivers side were not hooked up, so I'm running them now and will just have to wait to get some EEC pins.

I'm hoping the 2 wires for the thermactor pump and the fact that the power wires for the MAF were lose has something to do with it. We'll see here shortly.
post #23 of 28 Old 10-16-2012, 05:44 PM

Garage
Another update, I now have a functioning MAF, w00t!

Just a combo. of crappy install and not moving the thermactor pins. I started her up and right away the comp. was hunting around before settling down in a nice, smooth idle. First time its ever done that. And its running smoother now than ever before. And now when I un-plug the MAF the car almost shuts off. Perfect.

Can't wait to drive it home and see how it feels. I'm amazed on a daily basis on the shoddy workmanship some people do.
post #24 of 28 Old 10-16-2012, 09:12 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox88 View Post
Another update, I now have a functioning MAF, w00t!

Just a combo. of crappy install and not moving the thermactor pins. I started her up and right away the comp. was hunting around before settling down in a nice, smooth idle. First time its ever done that. And its running smoother now than ever before. And now when I un-plug the MAF the car almost shuts off. Perfect.

Can't wait to drive it home and see how it feels. I'm amazed on a daily basis on the shoddy workmanship some people do.

THIS !!!.... Awesome, glad you got it correct, if your going to do a job do it right once, too bad you had to work behind someone wasn't into the details but great job of getting it right, this is what makes these forums awesome for us guys who wrench on our own rides....
post #25 of 28 Old 10-17-2012, 08:23 AM

Garage
Quote:
THIS !!!.... Awesome, glad you got it correct, if your going to do a job do it right once, too bad you had to work behind someone wasn't into the details but great job of getting it right, this is what makes these forums awesome for us guys who wrench on our own rides....
I ran it hard up to about 80 on my way home, and its running stronger than it ever has. Its always had some sort of, almost like a vacuum leak, type feel to it while accelerating. It ran good, but not smooth feeling. Its all gone. Maybe it was running in limp mode or something before. So glad I got this working. (and checked it in the first place, lol)

This thread gets 12 thumbs up from me!
post #26 of 28 Old 10-18-2012, 01:04 AM

Ya thats one of my ebay guides that i posted a few months back. It kills me to see how some people try to sell harness's on the web and title it 87-93 when in fact thats misleading and false. Rule of thumb, if you gonna convert a 4cyl, convert it with the same year mass air or SD harness. If your just converting to mass air with 87-88 cars just get an 89 harness! And either get creative and repin your 02 harness or just get the 02 harness with it. It will eliminate headaches lol! I make a big deal about the 02 harness because i have seen many foxes get tuned at my local dyno shop with 02 signal problems and the fact they made 4 different 02 harness's for a reason. I have seen tunes come to the shop that run so horrible because somehow they got a tune that completely disabled the 02 sensors lol! Over the years and having experienced MUCh of the 87-88 car problems (my car is an 87 converted procharged car) i have learned a lot about it. Im glad you shared that info. Dont get frustrated, you'll get it right.

-87 Mustang GT Boss 363 Stroker, JE Pistons Eagle Crank-Rods, AFR 205s, TFS R Box TKO 600 PT7675 CEA Turbo, Stainless Turbo KIT
-90 Blk Mustang GT On3 Turbo Stock Block/Cam 540HP 585 TQ Mustang Dyno [email protected] 5speed
-90 Blue GT On3 Turbo Stock Block/Cam 539HP 602 TQ Mustang Dyno [email protected] 5speed
post #27 of 28 Old 10-21-2012, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Neo, I did mine yesterday and all worked out well, the used ECM I bought was bad so had to make a trip to oreillys about a hour away to pick up a reman A9P but it came together well and runs fine, took a few miles for the ECM to re-learn the fuel curves but all seems well, unplug the maf and it runs a little rough so I think I gotta right on the first swing now on to the h/c/i this winter !
post #28 of 28 Old 10-21-2012, 11:21 PM

Ya definately working in some form if you unplug the maf and it changes. Glad you figured it out. im working on an ebay review/guide for Identification of pretty much all the fox body harness's from 87-93. It wont be 100% but it will be darn close as far as accuracy. Wish i had paid attention to 86's as much as i did 87-93 !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement