Ford Mustang Forums banner

Contour Fan Wiring/DCC 2 speed controller

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  garycrist 
#1 ·
I am changing my current fan setup from a Taurus to the Contour dual fans. I currently am using the DCC 2 speed controller. I know that I must use the resistor on the Contour fan shroud to use my controller and the low speed function. Below the resistor is a sensor of some sort with two wire, not sure what it is? It's the item in the red box.

The Contour fans have two wires on each fan motor, power/ground. I take it I wire the low speed output of the controller to the input on resistor and then run a wire from resistor output to each fan. I take it the high speed output from the controller can be tapped into the wires that connect directly to the fan. I don't have all the wiring in the picture, I have about 6" of wire coming off each of the three connectors. I'm not the best with wiring, however, I'm concerned that when the high or low is on, that the other speed will be back feed with power ? Any thoughts or comments?

See less See more
#3 ·
i run that fan also Dont recall using a resistor other then the fact my battery is in the trunk. Id email Brian. He sells those fans also. I know mine is not wired the way you have it drawn but maybe you have a different model controller.

#4 ·
I'm not positive but it looks like it may be some sort of resetting circuit breaker that could have been added as a recall? Nothing is shown on the factory service schematic:

You did good with your drawing. Some people have a hard time visualizing the one above which is identical.

As to the backfeed, yes, the non used wire will be "hot" but the circuit will be dead ending at the open (de-energized) relay. Even if both relays were to be open at the same time, nothing out of the ordinary would happen....you will have 12v on everything but the current will look for the path of least resistance which will be high speed bypassing the resistor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.