Holley/Fitech -Sniper/Terminator - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 02-18-2019, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (4)
Holley/Fitech -Sniper/Terminator

Are there any individuals successfully using these systems on their engines?

I am trying to find out just HOW much of a difference does a multi port really make for the average street joe when a $1200-$1500 TBI system from Holley or Fitech will do the job just fine (so they advertise)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-18-2019, 10:55 PM

Trader Feedback: (84)
Garage
ive used a fitech ...its a really simple setup and is pretty user friendly. took a carb that has seen better days put a fitech on, changed some numbers on the controller and car fired right up. currently putting a fitech on a 69 bronco as well.

D&D powder coating and media blasting
In Gear Transmission and differentials
Manasquan, NJ 08736
732-722-7387
post #3 of 15 Old 03-05-2019, 10:23 PM

Trader Feedback: (27)
I'll be installing the Holley Super Sniper here in the next month or so. Going on a GT40 headed stock 5.0 which will reside in a Mustang II
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 03-06-2019, 08:14 AM

Trader Feedback: (1)
One member here takes issue (offense almost) in their claims to being "self-tuning". His argument seems like semantics to me. I'd like to try the Holley Sniper that works with blow through. I will be interested in responses to this question.
post #5 of 15 Old 04-09-2019, 04:20 PM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (12)
Garage
Car --- 89 Mustang 393W AFR205 heads, custom cam 240 in 250 ex, long tubes, 3 inch exhaust, Vic Jr intake. Was running a Holley 750, then went to a 750 Speed Demon.

Car was a pain to start (needed a choke) and drive anywhere.

Installed the Fitech Go EFI 4 - Power Adder 600 HP.

Install is NOT quick or easy and there are several additional items you will need depending on your current setup and application.

Instructions are lacking.

It is NOT "self tuning". It will adjust within a degree of settings. You still have to tune.

Right out of the box, it runs VERY rich.

It did "improve" cold start and drivability. Still need to make adjustments.

Can say I did not see any difference performance wise. Car felt the same, no track or dyno comparison.

Overall, the system did NOT meet my expectations, especially once you tally up the cost once it is running.

Can't help with multi-port to TBI comparison.

I am currently considering switching back to stock style multi-port or do a full on Coyote swap.
post #6 of 15 Old 04-10-2019, 10:28 PM Thread Starter

Thatís great feedback cre8d.

Coyote swap is the new hotness these days. Give it a couple / few years and they will be making 363 408 and 427ís outkf them.

Imagine a 408 coyote....
post #7 of 15 Old 04-11-2019, 09:31 PM

Trader Feedback: (0)
I’ve installed several Sniper systems on customers cars. They just plain work. They are self learning. There is a learning table that adjusts the tune based off of your target AFR settings. This table will learn how you drive. You update the table to the base map lets say every 500-1000 miles and eventually the “learning” comp % will trend towards 0%. Once you see that, the car is fully tuned and you shut the learning feature off. You can also adjust what seems like endless parameters if you really want to dial it in. But for the most part just throw it on the car and it works. Setup is much easier than the other systems... 4 wire hook up... batt +, batt -, key on 12v, and tach signal. Plug in ur distributor and fuel pump, answer some basic questions about your setup and ur off and running. Plus the sniper has the best looking digital screen of all the systems IMO. Currently putting one on a 72 big block cuda and finally doing a blow thru setup with the Super Sniper on a 331 fox with 76/75 on3 kit. Super sniper is good to 1250hp on boost. Plus the system comes with launch control, boost control, scramble button, 2 step, progressive nitrous controller ect.

Plus i love the fact that they control a dual fan set up with independent temp actuation control. Also love that i can wire in the AC so it will do an AC “kick” so the car idles up when you turn the AC on and wire in a AC shutoff with a ground output so when you kick it in the ass driving it shuts the AC compressor off until you come off WOT. Oh and you can have it control timing even with an old school MSD distributor and 6al/7al box or really any CDI box.
post #8 of 15 Old 04-13-2019, 12:17 AM

Trader Feedback: (3)
if it were 'self learning' you would not need to access afr targets

ITS NOT SELF learning

but 99% of the population doesn't know that, thats why using that term, like 'organic banana' SELLS

first thing out of owner of these is, its great it self tunes.......fak me....

89 GT gr-40, KB2200(10psi), tweecer R/T,LC-1, 22gal cell, w/tailpipes.
post #9 of 15 Old 04-13-2019, 05:57 AM
Corral Elite Member

My Holley EFI isn’t self learning. It had to be tuned. I think “self-learning” is the wrong term to use. If it was self learning then I wasted $$ on dyno tuning, it should’ve just taught itself
Point is, to the person reading this for advice. You don’t just install it and start the car and go hammer down. It doesn’t self learn the car and tune itself. I think that’s why I dislike the term “self-learning”. It’s not that cut and dry.

Stock block 306, V1 T-trim, AFM B-451 cam, TFS Twisted Wedge, Holley Systemax, A1000, Snow Meth, TKO 600, Team Z, Strange, MM, Lakewood and Moser helps me go forward fast.

Last edited by AtomicCoupe; 04-13-2019 at 06:12 AM.
post #10 of 15 Old 04-13-2019, 09:06 AM

Call it what you want. But when you put a Sniper on a car and drive it, it figures the tune out in the learning table... then you update it to the base fuel map. Eventually the fuel map will be figured out and the tune is done. I’ve done it on several cars. And they all run great after some driving. It only takes the first couple drives until you can hammer down. Trust me it will learn. But like i said call it what you want lol

post #11 of 15 Old 04-13-2019, 01:05 PM

Call it what i want?
Okay, its called backpedaling

Self learning is

Input engine displacement

drives perfect with maximum power without any further input

Fuel corrections for an inputted (you do it) target afr is not self learning

89 GT gr-40, KB2200(10psi), tweecer R/T,LC-1, 22gal cell, w/tailpipes.
post #12 of 15 Old 04-13-2019, 02:13 PM

Like i said... call it what you want. For people wondering if the system works... if its going to work by strapping it to their motor and inputting some basic info... yes it works. What you’re doing is playing semantics. It has a function and performs that function regardless of what you call it. Thats the whole point of a Sniper system.
post #13 of 15 Old 04-16-2019, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Even the latest and greatest TESLA on the market and the ones behind the curtain do not yet have a "self learning" computer.

"Self Tuning" is pretty much every onboard EFI computer to date

FACT: The stock A9l is more "self tuning" than most aftermarket EFI systems today.

Lets forget about discussing a companies marketing slogan and start focusing on which system is right for us.
post #14 of 15 Old 04-16-2019, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

One thing I have learned over the years is what when an "IT professional" claims that their system(s) have issues 9/10 they just don't know how to use it.

I have also witnessed these "IT professionals" brag about their large scale setups are and how awesome and efficient it is and when I dig in and look at the configurations it is complete CRAP and I cannot believe this is working in a live environment.

I equate this experience to EFI systems and their owners....

Rule #1 = People are going to tell us that an EFI system either sucks or is the best thing since sliced fleshlites. Either way, their opinion and experience with "X" EFI system does NOT apply to YOU, or ME.

What DOES apply to us (hence the reason I started this thread) is to figure out the difficult level of installing them and to make sure that 9/10 people are not all having the same issues.
post #15 of 15 Old 04-16-2019, 11:22 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy2000 View Post
Self learning is
Artificial intelligence. And I don't think anyone really thinks that what any of these systems do.

No computer can come out of the box and just know what to do. It has to have a setup process. Your complaint is po-ta-to, po-tat-o. So sick of you beating this dead horse. We all get it, you hate the term self tuning or self learning. Get over it all ready. It's not what you would use because only what you would use is the only system worth using.

Yet somehow many (most?) of us understand the reality and understand that these systems need to have a base setup to start from and do in fact fine tune from there and we move on with our daily lives.

Have you used one of these systems? Have you personally seen how they work? I have not, but I have read the installation and setup instructions for the FiTech, MSD Atomic and Holley Sniper. It's pretty straight forward how they work really. And if they didn't work, there would be riots in the streets over false promises.

I look left. I look right. I look behind me. I put my hand to my ear and listen.............nothing. No riots. No mass complaints. No charges of undelivered promises. Instead I hear people say they are happy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement