SN95 Dart Build - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 08-28-2017, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
BR5

Trader Feedback: (0)
SN95 Dart Build

I added a Vortec supercharger along with supporting enhancements to my stock 302 and am getting 354 rwhp. I've gotten used to it and am getting ready to have a Dart 363 built. All the enhancements I had done were with the intention of swapping as much as possible to a long block build.
I plan on using the following:
Vortech 4Fg218070L vS S/L Supercharger Unit
Areomotive 11140 Stelth Fuel Pump
Bosch 42lb injectors
Edelbrock rpm 2 intake
BBK equal length headers
Edelbrock 70mm throttle Body
Ford Racing 90mm MAF & bracket

In talking with the company that installed the Vortec, I was told that in order to use the stock ECM I needed to use caution when picking out a cam & pistons for the tune.

My goal is to get at least 650+ crank hp
Now my questions:
1) Am I kidding myself or can this be accomplished?
2) Can anyone suggest a cam/piston combination that they have experience with? (compression ratio is key from what I've been told)
3) Who would you suggest do the build? I live in Kokomo In. and am currently getting bids from several shops.
I'm talking with one builder in southern Indiana and one in NJ currently.

Goal is to have a high HP street car that will run decently.
Thanks
Brian

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-28-2017, 10:48 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
I'm confused as to how a efi computer cares about the cam and pistons used? Ask them why a stock ecm with a good tune cares about the pistons and cam?

post #3 of 8 Old 08-29-2017, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
BR5

Wish I could accurately answer that question. I just know they said be carful how radical you go or it will be difficult to get a good tune. The one engine builder I talked to, echoed same. I have a call into get specifics so I can zero in on a hard dollar number for the build.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-29-2017, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
BR5

Okay, just got off the phone with Walsh Motor Sports and Holbrook racing. Basically, I was told that the 94-95 computers lack the tuning parameters to go beyond the stock cam. These guys know each other and will work together to produce a system that will perform like I want.
Don't need anything else at this point. I'll post build results sometime is 2018.
thanks
Brian
post #5 of 8 Old 08-29-2017, 08:31 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR5 View Post
Okay, just got off the phone with Walsh Motor Sports and Holbrook racing. Basically, I was told that the 94-95 computers lack the tuning parameters to go beyond the stock cam. These guys know each other and will work together to produce a system that will perform like I want.
Don't need anything else at this point. I'll post build results sometime is 2018.
thanks
Brian
Not true. Sn95 ECM can be tuned for whatever cam

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

03 mach1, [email protected] just an off-road x, on stock tires
post #6 of 8 Old 09-03-2017, 08:56 AM

Trader Feedback: (16)
Garage
I ran a Steeda19 cam and had great results, it liked the lobe separation too. if you spending the money why not finish it right with a good ecu.
post #7 of 8 Old 09-21-2017, 09:25 PM

Trader Feedback: (1)
For an engine builder I went with Brian at ADperformance. Great job on build. Built me a dart 331 low compression motor. Used a b451 cam and still on factory even making 557rwhp. Cam is a little big for street drivability.
post #8 of 8 Old 09-21-2017, 10:04 PM
Corral Elite Member

Trader Feedback: (4)
I run an Anderson b451 on a stock block 302 and I find it fine to drive on the street. Everyone has their opinion on this and every combo is going to drive differently. 94ivgt, I don't mean to step on your post or say you're wrong at all. Just giving my experience. Little 302 makes 505rwhp on a custom dyno tune with an a9l computer. I realize sn95 computer is different.

OP, that's a very reasonable goal. Get it tuned properly to help drivability. Also, my car ran out of fuel with stock lines and 42lb injectors. Bigger lines, 60lb injectors and aeromotive a1000 fuel system fixed that with no issue at all. Again, this is just my experience.

Stock block 306, V1 T-trim, AFM B-451 cam, TFS Twisted Wedge, Holley Systemax, A1000, Snow Meth, TKO 600, Team Z, Strange, MM, Lakewood and Moser helps me go forward fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement