Chug-a-lugs And Some DTCs - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-17-2017, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Unhappy Chug-a-lugs And Some DTCs

Hi guys and gals. I am a few months into owning this 1994 Mustang Gt Convertible 5spd with 87K on the clock and I'm having nothing but issues. I'll give the backstory and then the current issue. When I first bought the car back in April I believe, I did an ignition system tune-up. Dizzy cap and rotor, wires, plugs and such. Then I took it into the shop for an A/C service. $500 later they replaced the two schrader valves and the ccrm. Drove it home and it overheated. Ccrm that they installed was bad and the fan wasn't coming on. They replaced it again. Couple weeks later, car died on me in an intersection. Bad TFI (ICM). Got that replaced. Just the other day, had the clutch done because the throwout and pilot bearings shredded themselves. New flywheel, clutch fork, bearings, and a stage 1 clutch. Now I was driving home today and the car felt a little strange. It almost felt like chugging but I'm not sure cause there are a lot bumps out where I live. The engine was also shuddering. I'd rev it a tad at the light, maybe up to 1000 RPMs, and as it came back down, it would shudder. Got home and checked codes and got 177 and 543. At the tail pipe it almost sounds like the engine is stumbling intermittently based on the exhaust note. From what I heard, it's something with the pcm. Thoughts? Suggestions? Prayers? Open to pretty much anything right now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-17-2017, 09:42 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
What are the codes?

History is lengthy but irrelevant

Give us list of mods

post #3 of 5 Old 08-18-2017, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy2000 View Post
What are the codes?

History is lengthy but irrelevant

Give us list of mods
Codes are 177: Rich O2 Sensor Bank 2
543: Fuel pump secondary circuit failure - battery to pcm.

History is in fact relevant when we're talking anything electrical (or so I've learned). Not to mention that something like getting the clutch replaced involves disconnecting the O2 sensors from the exhaust pipe and disconnecting that from the exhaust manifold and reinstalling either could lead to issues or damage. Either way, I've checked both and found no issue so far. There's no obvious damage or disconnection on the sensor.

No mods. Just maintenance, diamond fire plugs, and a new clutch. Everything else is bone stock.

Really I just want to know if anyone has had experience with this. Is it a common problem? Is it more likely to be a bad O2 sensor or the PCM or some other third thing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-18-2017, 03:19 PM

Trader Feedback: (5)
I'd put the stock plugs back in I put expensive plugs in my foxbody and it ran like crap put stock motorcraft coppers in ran perfect
post #5 of 5 Old 08-18-2017, 09:13 PM

Trader Feedback: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94StangMachine View Post
Codes are 177: Rich O2 Sensor Bank 2
543: Fuel pump secondary circuit failure - battery to pcm.

History is in fact relevant when we're talking anything electrical (or so I've learned). Not to mention that something like getting the clutch replaced involves disconnecting the O2 sensors from the exhaust pipe and disconnecting that from the exhaust manifold and reinstalling either could lead to issues or damage. Either way, I've checked both and found no issue so far. There's no obvious damage or disconnection on the sensor.

No mods. Just maintenance, diamond fire plugs, and a new clutch. Everything else is bone stock.

Really I just want to know if anyone has had experience with this. Is it a common problem? Is it more likely to be a bad O2 sensor or the PCM or some other third thing?
irrelevant to me, visual check of a 02 at high voltage, would not mean unplugged 02

that rich code is relevant.

time to measure the 02 voltage a various rpm at the ecm, need to confirm sensor.

report the voltage you get, then see if you can drive it lean with an induced air leak

89 GT gr-40, KB2200(10psi), tweecer R/T,LC-1, 22gal cell, w/tailpipes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement