Good A/F table - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-20-2017, 02:32 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (18)
Good A/F table

Can anybody offer up a good N/A air fuel table? I have the auto tune and a decent AF table but I think it could be better.

'93 coupe 396, victor jr's, Trick Flow, comp solid, msd Harland Sharp, tremec, NX, always under the knife.

8.90ís on a stock block?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-22-2017, 08:37 AM

Trader Feedback: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dball View Post
Can anybody offer up a good N/A air fuel table? I have the auto tune and a decent AF table but I think it could be better.
What ECU is this? I'm assuming Megasquirt? If so, the base map is probably a pretty good AFR table. Best AFR's are typically figured out on the dyno where you can measure the effects of changes.

post #3 of 6 Old 05-22-2017, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

I thought I posted in the Megasquirt section. Lol. Not sure how I messed that up.

I'm trying to get the car up and running well before hitting the dyno. I tried changing the table some to fix a problem that I was having but I may try going back.

'93 coupe 396, victor jr's, Trick Flow, comp solid, msd Harland Sharp, tremec, NX, always under the knife.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-22-2017, 09:42 PM

Trader Feedback: (4)
You may have other issues like poor fueling, EGO correction throwing things off, Acceleration enrichments, warmup enrichments. May help to post datalogs or the tune file on a google drive and share it here so we can view. Or post on MSExtra where you can directly upload.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-26-2017, 10:36 AM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Different engines run differently. Basically you need to figure out what areas are idle, cruise, moderate acceleration, heavy acceleration, and deceleration.

Your car might idle at 40kpa, where mine might idle at 60kpa. Same thing with cruising. So I can't just hand you a "good N/A map" because it's not that generic.

Once you've figured out those regions, then it's pretty standard what a typical AFR would be for each of those areas, but you have some wiggle room. Idle can be stoich or a little richer, cruise can be stoich or a little leaner. A little rich for moderate acceleration. Proper rich for heavy acceleration. Lean for deceleration unless you like popping and shooting flames.

'94 GT, White, Cobra hood & bumper cover, '95R wheels
393w, Vic Jr 60cc, XE282HR, Victor 5.8 EFI, 80# injectors, Hooker LT 1 3/4 to 3", Borla proXS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T56 w/ AJE xmember, McLeod street twin, MM/Bilstein '03 IRS, JRi Agent47 SLA
Megasquirt
post #6 of 6 Old 05-30-2017, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

I completely understand.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement