02 GT 5.4 2v Megasquirt? Delta Force? - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 03-11-2017, 07:28 AM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (0)
02 GT 5.4 2v Megasquirt? Delta Force?

Hey fellas, Just have a few questions for those of you who are more in the know. I have been searching and gathering info and opinions for a little while now on a decent way to tune my car when I get the engine put back in. I pulled the 5.4 out, rebuilt it, had the heads ported, new cams, injectors, and all your basic bolt ons. I have been told by a few people that a megasquirt 3 would be a great option, but have come up short on finding any real info on anyone who is running one on a 2v mod motor. I had the chance to poke around in the Delta Force Commando unit and loved it. That thing is incredible. I wasn't a big fan of the data logger but I could always buy a different logger I guess. SO, what I'm wanting to know is, what are you fellas using? How do you like it? Does the OBD2 port still function? Any info would be greatly appreciated. I'm really interested in learning all I can about tuning my own system. Gotta start somewhere, might as well be here and now

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-12-2017, 10:36 AM

Trader Feedback: (9)
Running a modular motor on megasquirt is one of the easier arrangements.

https://www.diyautotune.com/support/...our-mod-motor/

Megasquirt can run any gasoline engine (I haven't tried diesel ). What makes it more or less challenging is if you can use the factory-provided method for getting crank position. In the case of the mod motor Ford gives you a 36-1 wheel and a VR sensor. Doesn't get any more straight forward than that!

'94 GT, White, Cobra hood & bumper cover, '95R wheels
393w, Vic Jr 60cc, XE282HR, Victor 5.8 EFI, 80# injectors, Hooker LT 1 3/4 to 3", Borla proXS
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

T56 w/ AJE xmember, McLeod street twin, MM/Bilstein '03 IRS, JRi Agent47 SLA
Megasquirt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement