replacing a C type pats for a B type pats module - Ford Mustang Forums : Corral.net Mustang Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 02-08-2017, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (11)
replacing a C type pats for a B type pats module

Hello everyone.

I have a Pats question that maybe sounds very strange.

I have a older jaguar S type with 3.0 v6 duratec engine and a 5r55n gearbox. Its almost the same as the engine used in a Lincoln LS 3.0 v6. I want to swap the engine/gearbox in a other car. It uses a ford ECU but it has a C type pats system (pats module in the instrument cluster) over the SCP network. Ford also uses this same system in several Fords.

For the swap that would mean I need to swap everything from the jag in the other car even the things I don't need just to keep the instrument cluster working and to avoid the fault codes.

My plan. Only use the engine and transmission wiring loom and ecu and disconnect the instrument cluster and thereby the cluster internal pats from the SCP network the ecu uses and use a separate B type pats module on the SCP network. I know the B type pats module uses the same SCP network and protocols as the C type pats. Both pats versions even has the same pinouts and workings according to the diagrams.

Even in the states, most later fords use a C type pats system and I can only guess these newer engines will be swapped in older cars. Now forget that I use a jag as a donor car and here is my question: has anyone done this before?? Can a B style pats module be paired with a ecu that normally uses a C type pats system?

'71 ford capri, block: Dart 427, TEA 245 CNC ported trick flow R heads, Fuel injected, bkk equal length headers, 3.5inch exhaust, flowmaster muffler's. Modified t56 viper gearbox. 8.8 whit 3.73, weight:2450 pounds. Planned upgrades, twin turbos and converting it to 4x4 drive train.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 02-10-2017, 11:53 AM

Trader Feedback: (0)
you can make it work but the pats hex code saved in the ecu will not match the hex code checked by the module unless you have it programmed for it, if you have the ecu that the type b module originally came from then you can copy that pats code from the type b pcm over to your type c ecu. iirc, the code length is the same. I can berify when i grt to my laptop if youd like.

You would be far better off to just disable pats in the ecu though and not have to deal with any of it.

Does the s type use the same ecu as the lincoln ls? Or is it the older eec-v type ecu?

btw, i have an original 2000 lincoln ls manual w/ 5spd trans, Fun little car

i dont frequent here, if youd like more info either call me direct on my mobile at five oh four six oh six oh five three two or you can msg me on my website/forum at www.efidynotuning.com

post #3 of 3 Old 02-10-2017, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Trader Feedback: (11)
Hello Decipha.

I want to keep the Pats as a extra protection. The S type uses the same ecu till beginning 2003 as the Lincoln ls 3.0 v6.

As far as I know I need to pair the Pats module to the ecu. I would be able to do that with a modified EML327 and Forscan. If the the code length is the same it may work. I just need to know if a separated B type Pats SCP module is compatible with the jag/Lincoln ecu that normally has a C type Pats over a SCP network. Or do I need a (dual) ISO Pats module?

There is very little information over these module and there inner workings.

Thanks you for the response.

Paul.

'71 ford capri, block: Dart 427, TEA 245 CNC ported trick flow R heads, Fuel injected, bkk equal length headers, 3.5inch exhaust, flowmaster muffler's. Modified t56 viper gearbox. 8.8 whit 3.73, weight:2450 pounds. Planned upgrades, twin turbos and converting it to 4x4 drive train.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement